Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th November 2021, 14:52   #71
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Talking

Thankfully, at the moment we all have the luxurious freedom to exercise that freedom of choice. Not for long now it begins to seem.

My choice is to not read the advert concerned.

This is the time to be wary of Big Brother chiselling away at our long held freedom of expression amongst others.

Andy’s post is valid. It is amazing how contemporary phrases and language in general become loaded by self-styled prophets of doom who follow the crowd wherever it leads. Ask any cricket fan in Yorkshire. I didn't know there were so many Jessies there. Has anybody ever tried to prosecute the writers of the Alf Garnet TV shows? Or the writers and actors in Love Thy Neighbour?
Old 19th November 2021, 15:03   #72
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
In that case, not everyone is welcome and it is discriminatory, I thought we were well in the way of leaving discrimination behind in this country, sadly it is as prevalent now as racism used to be in the 70’s

You have a peculiar idea of what discrimination is - everyone is welcome providing they have had the jabs, or have a valid reason to have not had them. Under 18's are not allowed to order drinks at the bar, if you don't possess a licence, you cannot drive - there are numerous similar things that meet your idea of discrimination. Should we forget the rules and make it a free for all?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 15:06   #73
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Much common sense here. We now know the jabs don't stop folk from getting sick or transmitting the virus. As the percentage of the jabbed edges higher, this is becoming very clear. Just like banks, the vaccine industries are not our friends. So much money is at stake , we must remain aware of 'lies, damned lies and statistics' and also 'follow the money'.

We must also be very wary of all the conspiracy theories which are circulating and doing tremendous damage.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 19th November 2021, 15:11   #74
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Died within 28 days of a Covid jab.....deafening silence....nothing to see here!

No the figures are there, online to be read and reported. Anyone can make such a report, even you, from which the official figures are derived. What you then do is compare the number who died as a direct result of the jab, versus the number who died of covid, who refused the jab.

It may change which horse you are backing to win..

A month ago, I had several blood samples taken, I had my booster two weeks ago and the flue jab, a pneumonia jab last week, I had my first shingles jab an hour ago - qualms none. Next Wednesday I am due an aranesp jab, in two months I have the second shingles jab due.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 19th November 2021 at 15:24..
Old 19th November 2021, 15:23   #75
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Much common sense here. We now know the jabs don't stop folk from getting sick or transmitting the virus.

Try actually analysing and understanding the genuine statistics. The statistics prove that you have a greatly reduced chance of becoming seriously ill and a similar chance of not dying should you catch covid and have had the jabs. They also prove the chances of you even catching it are greatly reduced. The jabs also reduce the chances of your being able to pass covid on, if you do have it, though it is not as effective at doing that.

Old 19th November 2021, 15:27   #76
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Torqueofthedevil,
Has it been in the past, mandatory for care workers to be jabbed with what ever vaccination comes on the market?

What mandatory vaccinations have carers have to had in the past when applying for a job or when getting the job

macafee2
It's not mandatory for either group to have the Covid jab! But the employment prospects of both will suffer - in their current line of work - if they don't get it. It's not an identical situation, I grant you, but I don't think you can say that the care home workers are facing a completely unique decision.

As for the efficacy of the vaccine, the fact that we're all sitting here discussing it shows that it's working exactly as intended, because we're not lying in hospital hooked up to a ventilator! One statistic that no one has mentioned yet is the proportion of Covid inpatients who haven't had the jabs. Now of course you could claim that the inpatients might have suffered badly even if they had had jabs, and you could also claim that the vaccinated who got it might have only had mild symptoms even without the jabs. Both of these are no doubt true in some cases. But here we are, in the early stages of winter, free to go about our business with none of the restrictions which we had a year ago. You could claim that all this is down to the increasing levels of natural immunity; I'm sure that is partially true, but to me it is plain that the vaccines have played a significant part in reducing the number of hospital admissions resulting from Covid. If having another jab, and maybe another next year, is what is required to keep me out of hospital and reduce the burden on the NHS, personally I'm happy to have it.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 15:41   #77
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
It's not mandatory for either group to have the Covid jab! But the employment prospects of both will suffer - in their current line of work - if they don't get it. It's not an identical situation, I grant you, but I don't think you can say that the care home workers are facing a completely unique decision.

As for the efficacy of the vaccine, the fact that we're all sitting here discussing it shows that it's working exactly as intended, because we're not lying in hospital hooked up to a ventilator! One statistic that no one has mentioned yet is the proportion of Covid inpatients who haven't had the jabs. Now of course you could claim that the inpatients might have suffered badly even if they had had jabs, and you could also claim that the vaccinated who got it might have only had mild symptoms even without the jabs. Both of these are no doubt true in some cases. But here we are, in the early stages of winter, free to go about our business with none of the restrictions which we had a year ago. You could claim that all this is down to the increasing levels of natural immunity; I'm sure that is partially true, but to me it is plain that the vaccines have played a significant part in reducing the number of hospital admissions resulting from Covid. If having another jab, and maybe another next year, is what is required to keep me out of hospital and reduce the burden on the NHS, personally I'm happy to have it.

Got to take issue with this "As for the efficacy of the vaccine, the fact that we're all sitting here discussing it shows that it's working exactly as intended, because we're not lying in hospital hooked up to a ventilator!"

How many of us that have been vaccinated have caught the virus since being vaccinated?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 16:00   #78
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Got to take issue with this "As for the efficacy of the vaccine, the fact that we're all sitting here discussing it shows that it's working exactly as intended, because we're not lying in hospital hooked up to a ventilator!"

How many of us that have been vaccinated have caught the virus since being vaccinated?

macafee2

You have asked the wrong question. You should ask how many that have had the vacinne have ended up in ICU. A friend of mine who works in an ICU says that 90+% of her patients have not had a jab.
If you have had the jab then if you get Covid the symptons are less severe. The vacinne is not 100% effective bur does reduce your risk.
Look at Austria who have one of the lowest vacinnation levels but the highest number per 100,000 of population.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 16:22   #79
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
You have asked the wrong question. You should ask how many that have had the vacinne have ended up in ICU. A friend of mine who works in an ICU says that 90+% of her patients have not had a jab.
If you have had the jab then if you get Covid the symptons are less severe. The vacinne is not 100% effective bur does reduce your risk.
Look at Austria who have one of the lowest vacinnation levels but the highest number per 100,000 of population.
No, the question is correct based on what I was quoting and referring to.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2021, 16:46   #80
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Are you kidding? With a history like that of Austria? Non-compliance with the ruling elite is surely 'endemic' with good reason there!

Wrong question? Don't think so. Not unless you compare with 'avoidance of infection by other means' you are majoring on only one (your slanted view of one side only).

i.e. Ask how many have landed up in hospital among those who have avoided infection by personally avoiding all groups, wearing masks and meticulously engaging with personal hygiene. There are a thousand ways of avoidance - else we would be nearly all dead as opposed to a tiny minority of the widely published and vastly misleading official stats.

The biggest deliberate LIE? "Deaths from those with Covid-19 but with other serious illnesses". That figure was widely circulated by HMGOV and various stooges and was total deaths from everything the patients died from and was only withdrawn last week. Gullibility is, or ought to be, a sin.

Last edited by wraymond; 19th November 2021 at 16:57..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote