Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th December 2021, 11:52   #11
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Here I go again about the BBC, everytime I turn the radio or TV on and the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the wourld and all they seem to be bothered about is a party.

Yesterday there was also the ''Whistle Blower'' about how bad they handled the Afganistan evacuation, they had a picture of him on the news, he looked like some one who had been on a youth opportunity program.

The BBC need to stop giving out all this negative propaganda contiuosly and start doing there job.
That is exactly what the BBC's job is and indeed should be!. That is to say reporting the news and informing the public on important events, including reporting on the politicians who are elected by the people to do work FOR the people, and if these politicians are caught with their trousers down, as the saying goes, then the BBC must do their job and inform the public, who may do something about it, not only that but the BBC or indeed any other responsible organisation should be able to do their job in an impartial and safe way, that is not always the case, intimidation is always around the corner.
In addition, if politicians preach a certain sermon it is important that they understand it applies to them as well, and they should not be allowed to forget it, or indeed become comfortable about the job they are elected to carry out.
In my opinion, there should be an independent cross party investigation to get to the bottom of this 'Christmas party' and if politicians are found to have been 'partying' then they should be dismissed and or resign.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 12:02   #12
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
That is exactly what the BBC's job is and indeed should be!. That is to say reporting the news and informing the public on important events, including reporting on the politicians who are elected by the people to do work FOR the people, and if these politicians are caught with their trousers down, as the saying goes, then the BBC must do their job and inform the public, who may do something about it, not only that but the BBC or indeed any other responsible organisation should be able to do their job in an impartial and safe way, that is not always the case, intimidation is always around the corner.
In addition, if politicians preach a certain sermon it is important that they understand it applies to them as well, and they should not be allowed to forget it, or indeed become comfortable about the job they are elected to carry out.
In my opinion, there should be an independent cross party investigation to get to the bottom of this 'Christmas party' and if politicians are found to have been 'partying' then they should be dismissed and or resign.
As regards to whistle blowers, regarding the Afghanistan retreat, or was it withdraw whatever. Again he is only reporting to the public what he considers important information, pointing out that the entire operation was a shambles, what does his age have to do with it I am not sure!.

The public has a right in a democratic system, to know if the politicians elected by them to carry out work on their behalf actually know what they are doing, this includes the civil servants, so I salute the guy for having the b**** to do it, knowing very well that this is going to cost him his career, probably.

Last edited by grivas; 8th December 2021 at 12:04.. Reason: spelling
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 14:48   #13
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

It seems that we need to get some decent plumbers in the country. Too many "leaks" to the BBC and other media outlets.
Old 8th December 2021, 15:22   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
It seems that we need to get some decent plumbers in the country. Too many "leaks" to the BBC and other media outlets.

Huh......

What exactly are you referring to?

The BBC is free and has a duty to report - it does not need to leak anything.

If you are referring to the video having been leaked to the Mirror, surely it would have been leaked by someone who was at the event and perhaps had a moral moment?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 16:38   #15
mbev51
Banned

Removed

There’s another party now, hosted by again Williamson, again must not have broken any COVID rules!
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 17:36   #16
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Huh......

What exactly are you referring to?
I am referring to all the "insiders" who "leak" information from all sorts of organizations (not just the government) to the media. A great deal of information is sensitive in more ways than one. If information needs to be released to the public, it needs to be done properly, via proper channels, so that it can be verified before just releasing what an "insider" thinks to be the correct version of events "that happened" or information "soon to be released". Often this "information" is incorrect or can be misinterpreted (as is often the case). National security can be breached or hindered.
Old 8th December 2021, 17:48   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I am referring to all the "insiders" who "leak" information from all sorts of organizations (not just the government) to the media. A great deal of information is sensitive in more ways than one. If information needs to be released to the public, it needs to be done properly, via proper channels, so that it can be verified before just releasing what an "insider" thinks to be the correct version of events "that happened" or information "soon to be released". Often this "information" is incorrect or can be misinterpreted (as is often the case). National security can be breached or hindered.

So what you are saying is that all the things politicians, unscrupulous individuals, corrupt people and so on wish to keep hidden should be left hidden.

Are you aware that protection for whistleblowing in the public interest is actually enshrined in law?

It could actually have been a national security risk had the video about a certain politician doing naughty things with his advisor behind a closed door not been made public. Think about what leaks could have occurred and to whom if the vulnerability had been exploited by a glamorous Russian or Chinese agent.

Last edited by MSS; 8th December 2021 at 17:50..
Old 8th December 2021, 18:08   #18
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Not just being reported on the BBC but on other media as well.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 18:31   #19
MSS
This is my second home

All those dictators that the UK helped to depose would have been proud of certain sections of the forum.
Old 8th December 2021, 19:01   #20
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
So what you are saying is
Don't tell me what I am saying. End of conversation.