Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th December 2021, 16:57   #13141
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Took Banana for a run out to Jamaica Inn out on Bodmin Moor. Went to the shop to buy some presents. Saw two McLaren F1’s in the car park. Was going to get some photo’s with Banana parked next to them but they left before I was able to line up.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2021, 17:27   #13142
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonkie View Post
I finally had a dry day to replace the lower engine mount on my CDT. Took it for a spin and it felt instantly better. Then the damned airbag light came on saying there was a fault. Mot is due on the 21st and I am getting worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Air bag light:- have a look under the drivers seat first and make sure the electrical connections are tight. Sometimes constant moving of the seat backwards and forwards loosen’s the electrical plugs.
The seat belt pretensioner wiring/connectors, can also cause the light to come on. Don't ignore under the passenger seat, exactly the same airbag/pretensioner wiring and connectors under there.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2021, 17:37   #13143
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
The seat belt pretensioner wiring/connectors, can also cause the light to come on. Don't ignore under the passenger seat, exactly the same airbag/pretensioner wiring and connectors under there.
Agreed, nine times out of ten it's the connector under the driver's seat but it can be the one under the passenger seat too. Normally just a case of moving both seats as far forward as possible, then- but only after the ignition has been switched off for an hour-reaching beneath the seats and having a wiggle of the yellow connectors.

I believe some folk wire these permanently, getting rid of the plug-in connectors but I just use the wiggle method when my car starts doing it every couple of years or so.

Last edited by Southern Star; 13th December 2021 at 17:39..
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2021, 09:52   #13144
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonkie View Post
I finally had a dry day to replace the lower engine mount on my CDT. Took it for a spin and it felt instantly better. Then the damned airbag light came on saying there was a fault. Mot is due on the 21st and I am getting worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Air bag light:- have a look under the drivers seat first and make sure the electrical connections are tight. Sometimes constant moving of the seat backwards and forwards loosen’s the electrical plugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Agreed, nine times out of ten it's the connector under the driver's seat but it can be the one under the passenger seat too. Normally just a case of moving both seats as far forward as possible, then- but only after the ignition has been switched off for an hour-reaching beneath the seats and having a wiggle of the yellow connectors.

I believe some folk wire these permanently, getting rid of the plug-in connectors but I just use the wiggle method when my car starts doing it every couple of years or so.
Hi Guys.
Do your self a favour and get some of these below, once made up, cut off the old connectors and join the new ones, remember to add some heat shrink to the join.

Leave a decent length of wiring so the seat can be moved back and forth.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2021, 10:37   #13145
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Took Banana for a run out to Jamaica Inn out on Bodmin Moor. Went to the shop to buy some presents. Saw two McLaren F1’s in the car park. Was going to get some photo’s with Banana parked next to them but they left before I was able to line up.

The first time I went in there, it was very much like it was depicted in the film. Not so now or a few years after I first visited.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2021, 20:14   #13146
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Was working in the area a couple of years ago Harry and so thought I'd stay there. They had a party one night as new owners had taken it over. A new broom usually sweeps clean sooner or later.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2021, 20:32   #13147
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Today I had an unexpected day off work so I hand-polished and waxed the Union Alloy wheels I bought from fellow member Typhoon190. I think I've got them looking as good as I can get them without professional refurbishment, which I may or may not do at some stage. I'm really pleased with them, I've been meaning to put Union Alloys on ever since I bought the car which was nine years ago now.

I'm hoping to fit them at the weekend but I'm waiting for some ebay 14mm threaded bar to arrive to help with this. I find wheels with bolts a pain to line up and fit compared to wheels with studs and nuts, especially given the difficulty of not even having an area of hard standing to work on.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2021, 22:16   #13148
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Service (quick)

today i took advantage of a generally dry but over cloudy afternoon, and did a quick top service of the (NUK) tourer, which i usually do about September, but i am behind this year, i do this twice a year spring and autumn.

Air filter.

Also changed the PCV filter.

Most would not change out this PCV filter.

Swapped out the manifold and EGR too.

Again i doubt anyone else would have swapped this out as it is still quite clean.

All ports are nice a clean too, so well happy.

I will drop the oil and do the oil filter the weekend.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 20:49   #13149
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Looks nice and clean Steve.
Old 15th December 2021, 21:52   #13150
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Great pictures again

Thanks for the pics Steve, really helpful post.

Have searched for an answer but no joy- Does the housing cover ever need to be renewed or cleaned ? Answers appreciated as when I checked the cotton reel filter/ separator it wasn't sitting right as the plastic holder was absent after a previous owner serviced the car and seeing those photos has got me wondering if particles may have gotten past the filter/ separator.
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote