Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2021, 11:48   #231
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
When will you say enough is enough? Are you really going to take them every few months to `save the NHS` This has the potential to be every bit as dangerous as Thalidomide injections, the bell started ringing for me when the pharmaceutical companies were given international immunity from prosecution should it all go wrong. They are making billions and have no incentive to improve these vaccines, no matter if they turn out to have massive side effects. It seems strange that so many world government employees are exempt from taking them and that's not sensationalist, it's a fact.

By giving my example, the point I was making (at least intending to make) was that I will decide on each occasion and feel that others should have the opportunity to decide for themselves. It is highly unlikely that I will take any account of the extreme views on either side of the argument.

This thread is now in the state of individuals with fixed views arguing their case. This is why there will not be any coming together of the views. I suspect this is also why the early contributors have bowed out of the ongoing exchange.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 13:00   #232
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

'fraid that might be the wrong end of the stick Maninder.

No matter what one's 'fixed' views are, there will be many thoughtful exchanges of considerable value.

Obviously, some views are entrenched and strongly put , but most of us gain insight from the to-and-fro. It's only by exhausting one's own opinion do we gain from others. Hopefully.
Old 15th December 2021, 13:22   #233
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
'
It's only by exhausting one's own opinion do we gain from others. Hopefully.

Might that mean if we were to keep being on your back, you might do the right thing

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 13:30   #234
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
'fraid that might be the wrong end of the stick Maninder.

No matter what one's 'fixed' views are, there will be many thoughtful exchanges of considerable value.

Obviously, some views are entrenched and strongly put , but most of us gain insight from the to-and-fro. It's only by exhausting one's own opinion do we gain from others. Hopefully.

In my experience, Wraymond, when it comes to emotive subjects, people often believe that what they are dealing with is a two-ended stick, when the matter in hand is in fact a multi-ended complex construct.

Nevertheless, don't let me stop you and please do keep at it.

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 15:54   #235
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

We elect a government to do what is best for all of us, everyone. The government has taken various advice from a great number of experts and the overwhelmingly best advice is to get vaccinated, for the good of oneself and the country.

Some countries have made it mandatory, others have left it to individuals, others have made it almost impossible to go anywhere, or do anything unless vaccinated.

The UK has taken a more lenient attitude and mostly left it to individual choice, but imposed testing for certain situations.

Yesterday, there were people desperately queuing for 5 hours just to get the vaccine. Numbers jabbed in the UK are 80/90% simply because the majority of the population rightly believe in doing the right thing.

I suspect that in time, those who haven't had it will find life unbearable in the near future, with their freedom seriously curtailed, always assuming they survive the covid.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 15th December 2021, 16:31   #236
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

I’ve been on these pages now for nigh on 12 years and I’ve never thought of a two ended anything. With regard to sentences though, there is a bonus.

I’ve learned a lot. Not least that we all construct our own and a degree of interpretation is useful not only to fully grasp meaning but also to ensure we are all understood beyond doubt!

Emotive subjects are wonderful, in that they produce passion and commitment with more than a tinge of sincerity. In fact, one or two, maybe more, have persuaded me to change my mind. I value that.

One revelation is the patience of Mods (one or two rockers amongst them) when correspondents’ fingers are obviously hovering with extended claw.
Old 15th December 2021, 17:50   #237
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Might that mean if we were to keep being on your back, you might do the right thing
When you say 'were to keep being on your back' do you mean you? Most others do not engage with me! And when you say 'the right thing', do you mean for me?

You can go your own way and you won't get criticism from me nor will you ever. So far as I can remember, I've never used the terms you frequently do use and I've never used doom-laden comment when replying to you.. Q.E.D.
Old 15th December 2021, 18:11   #238
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
When you say 'were to keep being on your back' do you mean you? Most others do not engage with me! And when you say 'the right thing', do you mean for me?

That was intended in jest..

You can go your own way and you won't get criticism from me nor will you ever. So far as I can remember, I've never used the terms you frequently do use and I've never used doom-laden comment when replying to you.. Q.E.D.

As can you, but this issue affects all of us and needs a joint effort to conquer it.

Old 15th December 2021, 18:59   #239
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
As can you, but this issue affects all of us and needs a joint effort to conquer it.
If I had the vaccine, I won't protect one other person, just the one and that would be me. We will not vaccinate our way out of this virus, it will kill itself early next year in the UK. A joint effort means what in your eyes? The government lying to us and the people falling for it or the government telling the truth and people listening? There's a vast difference between the two.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 19:17   #240
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

The basic problem in all this is the manufactured hyperbole from our rulers, desperate to fortify their privileged existence. Heaven knows what we are going to have to pay for their vanity and absolute belief in their own excellence.

That, in addition to protect trade with a certain far eastern soulless prisoner nation who now hold large parts of this country in their grasp through fixed smiles and obsequious patronising bowing. Hence the outright closing down of the infamous Wuhan theory. Oh, has everybody forgotten that? It's politics stupid.