Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st December 2021, 21:28   #11
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

After rereading your post again and trying to work out it's exact location,am I right in thinking the dosing pump must be near enough above the diesel cooler
Old 22nd December 2021, 06:39   #12
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Some pictures would be nice if anyone has any?
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 06:51   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
After rereading your post again and trying to work out it's exact location,am I right in thinking the dosing pump must be near enough above the diesel cooler

No, the diesel cooler is much further back, behind the rear wheel, the dosing pump is in front of the rear wheel.

Turning the FBH off stopping the leak, makes no sense at all - if the leak is from the cooler area. Might it be instead dripping down the side of the fuel tank?

The Fuel supply pipe for the FBH enters the tank via a removable panel on top of the tank. That panel is under a second (body sealing) panel on the off side, under the rear seat squab.

The dosing pump feed pipe runs from the top of the tank, then down to the pump. If that pipe were damaged, it would continue to syphon fuel out of the tank, until the tank level fell to near zero. Turning the FBH off, would not stop it, only a dosing pump leak or pipe leak forward of the dosing pump would be stopped by turning it off.

The fuel cooler has been known to suffer leaks - I had one. It turned out to be a leaking connection onto the cooler. Remaking the connection cured it.

That latter might be your problem and turning the FBH off curing it, might have been coincidental.

Point is - decide whether the leak is ahead of the rear wheel or behind it, for certain.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:56   #14
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I'd be tempted to lift the rear seat base, remove the offside tank panel and check for leaks around the module top. The seals are a known leak point and it is quick and easy enough to do.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote