Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th December 2021, 19:37   #151
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Just had mine serviced, they did the update on the stereo bit not the battery so ours still shows 455v.
That said it's running really well

Ah right! Not sure if they did any updates on the infotainment! I've not really noticed any changes, Mind you I only use it for BBC radio Manchester Yeah same here mine is running great that's why I was a bit apprehensive of them doing software updates. I did see the dashboard warning 'Regen restricted' after the 100% charge as the new software update was supposed to lower the upper buffer limit on the battery pack to enable regen at 100% charge, Nowhere for the regen charge to go if it's at full capacity on the old software so I have to wait until the battery pack is depleted a bit before it kicks in again.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2021, 20:30   #152
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Wow, 12 months already. I’m looking to change the ioniq HEV in 2022 and seeing the Ioniq5 is probably out of reach i’ve been looking at the new long range ZS. I need to have a re read through this post as I remember you having charge point installation issues.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2021, 09:28   #153
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Wow, 12 months already. I’m looking to change the ioniq HEV in 2022 and seeing the Ioniq5 is probably out of reach i’ve been looking at the new long range ZS. I need to have a re read through this post as I remember you having charge point installation issues.

Yeah almost 12 months, the time has flown by, I love the Ioniq5 too what a fabulous car that is, It will be in great demand the world over.

I read yesterday that Hyundai have announced that they're shutting down their ICE development dept to concentrate on EV's, they must be planning on building a huge number of Ioniq5's

Yes it was a pain in the backside regards our antiquated power supply, I didn't bother getting the OLEV grant, just too many hurdles & expence involved, Just getting the 10MM earthing straps within 60 cm of the gas shut off tap & 60 cm of the water stopcock for the electricity would have meant multi rooms carpets & floorboards lifted as both our gas/electricity supplies come into the house at ceiling height at opposite ends of the house.
I've got a clean bill of health for the old electrics from the DNO people since they upgraded us to a 100amp fuse.

Old 29th December 2021, 15:59   #154
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Yeah a year for us too.
Have to say it's a fantastic car, very deserving of the MG badge.
Down sides
Range, in real terms it's between 100-130 miles ( although that suits us fine)
Public chargers - not enough of them
Mindless petrol/diesel owners ( deliberately block chargers ( happened once)
Mindless EV owners ( park in EV spaces if not charging, happened twice)

Plus points
Saving around £25 a week on Mrs Simondis commute
Performance is outstanding
Soo good to drive - puts a smile on the face
No road tax
Have a home charger on a good rate - costs less than £4.50 for a full charge from zero
Fantastic owners club and Facebook groups - make you feel part of the MG family
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2021, 17:42   #155
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

We have had our HS PHEV for 8 months now without a single problem and is still great we have another one on order but still not arrived and no delivery date confirmed we ordered it 3 months ago so might wait till 1st of march and change it at a year old
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2021, 20:34   #156
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yeah almost 12 months, the time has flown by, I love the Ioniq5 too what a fabulous car that is, It will be in great demand the world over.

I read yesterday that Hyundai have announced that they're shutting down their ICE development dept to concentrate on EV's, they must be planning on building a huge number of Ioniq5's
I often have the use of the local Hyundai dealers Ioniq5 and it’s an amazing piece of kit. I’m not sure the budget will stretch to one but we will have to see, that and can I live with no home charger? our house is around 100 years old although rewired about 50 years ago would need work and only has a 60 amp main fuse. Will the DNO only update the main fuse free of charge if an EV has been ordered or can it just be requested?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 30th December 2021, 09:27   #157
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
I often have the use of the local Hyundai dealers Ioniq5 and it’s an amazing piece of kit. I’m not sure the budget will stretch to one but we will have to see, that and can I live with no home charger? our house is around 100 years old although rewired about 50 years ago would need work and only has a 60 amp main fuse. Will the DNO only update the main fuse free of charge if an EV has been ordered or can it just be requested?

That was the exact same scenario as our house 100 years old, rewired in the 60's after finding a fag packet under the floorboards from that era. Also 60amp fuse but ours was on a shared loop too. It's all free as the supply is their responsibility.

One of my friends in the next street with the exact set up as us on a shared loop of three electricity supply had his power go out, It turned out one of his neighbours did something to his old bakerlite fuseboard & took out the three houses electricity supply.

When the DNO came to repair it he asked if he could upgrade to a 100 amp fuse & they told him only if he had an electric car or had ordered one.

They told him they're snowed under with this fuse upgrade work on these old housing stock which is the norm in this neck o the woods.

Old 30th December 2021, 22:35   #158
sworks
Been absent for a while…

I’ll get in touch after Ive placed an order. Thanks for the advice.

Old 30th December 2021, 23:21   #159
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

I've been looking through this thread to see what I'm missing. Then I looked up the price. £30000+ and only does just over 100 miles? I could get 10 immaculate R75s for that. And probably do some of the repairs myself - or trot down the road to someone I know who can. These EVs will cost a fortune to clock into a garage.

Sorry chaps, but I'm sticking to what I know.
Old 31st December 2021, 10:44   #160
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Watched 5th gear electric last night. Yes i know i should get out more... Im drawn to that Ioniq5. It has what all a average family would need. A big Golf with usability. No wonder Hyundi av won car of th year with it. But yes. I carnt quite understand when a lot of tech thats been around years (motor, no gear box, computor. Why does it need such a price) Surely th only R&D exspense would be th battery? surely thats been cracked buy now.

Will i own one. Id like too think so. Ill go and have a look at one soon.

Wife says its to boxy. It is a bit blokey and maybe it will be softened on th next version.