Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st June 2014, 18:51   #1
chas_1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Nigtmare

I have for the last two hours been trying to remove the drivers side kick panel that holds the bonnet release lever and remote boot opening button.I have removed the clip nearest the pedal(black) but however I push and pull cut my fingers and loose my rag at the ****** thing its still sat there in position.Please someone put me out of my misery and tell me how to remove this so I can feed my power cable thru to the boot.I am installing an active sub so will post some pictures up when I have completed the job

Thanks

Chas
chas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 18:56   #2
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_1 View Post
I have for the last two hours been trying to remove the drivers side kick panel that holds the bonnet release lever and remote boot opening button.I have removed the clip nearest the pedal(black) but however I push and pull cut my fingers and loose my rag at the ****** thing its still sat there in position.Please someone put me out of my misery and tell me how to remove this so I can feed my power cable thru to the boot.I am installing an active sub so will post some pictures up when I have completed the job

Thanks

Chas
run the cable along the passenger side ,
Old 21st June 2014, 19:01   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_1 View Post

Thanks

Chas
Pull the door seal off at the point it covers the metal clips attached to the rear of the trim, remove the fir tree button fixing at the rear of the panel.

Now gently ease the bottom out enough to get your fingers behind, then give it a sharp tug towrd the centre of the car, this will disengage the clip securing it to the A pillar.

Once you have done this, pull the bonnet release, and thread the trim over the bonnet catch.

Refitting is a reversal of removal

Have fun

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 12:17   #4
andre372
Gets stuck in

2001 Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT manual Royal Blue (JFM)

Exactly as Brian said - a fir tree clip, a spring clip and a clip held by the door seal.

For illustration:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-05-20 15.21.02.jpg (83.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-05-28 12.28.16.jpg (60.1 KB, 40 views)
MODS: Front fog lamps, FBH timer switch, FBH OBD, boot and arm rest power sockets, cruise control, Powerflex lower arm bushes, illuminated vanity mirrors, high-line IPK, Symphony stereo + SLE, 160 remap, Revotec fan, 12N+12S, auto-dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor, volumetric alarm sensor, PDC, powerfolds, sports leather memory seats, passenger anti-trap sensor
TO DO: Tilt sensor, low coolant sensor, FBH GSM remote control, heated washer jets, front parking sensors
andre372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:51   #5
chas_1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Nightmare ii

Good evening,
Does anyone have a grey drivers side kick panel as I have snapped one of the fixing points on mine whilst trying to feed power cable to the boot ho hum On a more cheerful note cable is now up to the rear seats but will have to splice a couple of feet on to it. This is a nice stealthy install will post entire project when I have finished

Regards

Chas
chas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote