Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th September 2019, 00:16   #1
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Default Duff Sat Nav Unit

Hi

Hopefully a simple question as i'm new to Zt ownership.

So ive get the double din half screen Hi Line ICE system (Sat Nav, TV, Cassette, CD autochanger) which works fine bar the TV (still analogue) and Sat Nav, evidence of water damage.

So can i simply replace the boot sat nav unit with any BMW Mk3 (CD) or Mk4 (DVD) unit to work with the original dash unit and should they just work or any resetting needed.

Is there an inevpensive way to get the TV working again.

Not really bothered about watching the TV in the car but would like everything to actually work.

Cheers Bean

Last edited by Bean66; 10th September 2019 at 08:20.. Reason: missed a bit
Bean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019, 06:41   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

As far as I can remember the BMW mk3 or 4 will work plug and play but you will be presented with the BMW splash screen every start up. They can both be changed but the mk4 is easier to do.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019, 08:54   #3
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Thats seems good news then.

Seems to be few mk3's and mk4's about just need to decide if the mk4 is worth the extra.

Does it come with full post code entry as that does make the system more user friendly.

Also when looking for the BMW versions i've come across ads for the BMW TV tuner on e-ba, will they work with the Hi Line as a straight replacement for my old analogue tuner.

Cheers Bean
Old 11th September 2019, 14:50   #4
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean66 View Post
Thats seems good news then.

Seems to be few mk3's and mk4's about just need to decide if the mk4 is worth the extra.

Does it come with full post code entry as that does make the system more user friendly.

Also when looking for the BMW versions i've come across ads for the BMW TV tuner on e-ba, will they work with the Hi Line as a straight replacement for my old analogue tuner.

Cheers Bean
If you also have the BMW 16:9 bordmonitor (rather than the standard 4:3 Hi-line unit) then to get the full benefit of the Mk4 DVD drive you will require either a BMW TV tuner unit (which is analogue only) or a BMW Hybrid unit which is digital
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 22:36   #5
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Hi Can i just clarify.

Any Mk3 will work with my standard Hi-Line MG set up.

But for the MK4 to work properly i need to change to a BMW 16:9 bordmonitor and either add a BMW TV tuner unit (which is analogue only, so no TV but better DVD sat nav graphics?) or a BMW Hybrid unit which is digital (So TV should work as well?) But either way i need to change the head unit, which gets pretty pricey for old SH units. So if i've got to move aways from factory fit i'd prob get a new type of Android system similar to the Erisin ones.

But has no-one found a way of getting a digital signal to the std Hi Line?

Happy (enough) with the mk3 sat nav (if i need better i'll use my phone or tablet) but would like to TV just so its standard but all works .

Cheers Bean

Last edited by Bean66; 11th September 2019 at 22:58.. Reason: additional info
Old 12th September 2019, 09:04   #6
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

As I remember it (it has been a few yr since i worked on mine) the mk4 will work with the standard rover equipment. If you opt for the Mk4 then I am told it does have the ability to accept 7 digit post codes but I have never managed to find the screen that you enter it into as the front screen does not accept the full post code. If you opt for the BMW 16.9 head unit then it will only display 4.3 without the BMW 16.9 tuner (in the spare wheel well)
As for the TV.
You can purchase a cheap freeview DVT box from ebay with remote sensor and this can be wired into the TV tuner in the boot. This will only give mono sound (no big deal for TV).
If you do not have the skills to wire into the wiring for the TV tuner you can purchase an adaptor lead that plugs in in line with the AV inputs to accept the DVT box but the adaptors leads are around £100 + IIRC.

Edit The BMW hybrid unit will work but is costly, most people who are not concerned with OEM looks opt for the android type unit.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 12th September 2019 at 09:09..
Old 13th September 2019, 00:09   #7
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

You can purchase a cheap freeview DVT box from ebay with remote sensor and this can be wired into the TV tuner in the boot. This will only give mono sound (no big deal for TV).
If you do not have the skills to wire into the wiring for the TV tuner you can purchase an adaptor lead that plugs in in line with the AV inputs to accept the DVT box but the adaptors leads are around £100 + IIRC.

Not hugely fussed about the full post code for the Sat Nav as i've got a Tom Tom and Google maps on the phone, as long as it works.

On theTV side of things, is this the type of unit. It comes with the antenna and remote receiver si if i can wire it in all could be good.

Cheers

Keith
Old 13th September 2019, 08:59   #8
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Hi Keith,
Why not get yourself along here this weekend, it's free, just turn up

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=298399

Not sure if I will be there yet as I have a lot on just now but a friendly and well informed bunch of people.

As for the DTV then yes, has its own antenna and A/V outs once wired into the tuner you use the Aux setting on the hiline IIRC

Last edited by stocktake; 13th September 2019 at 09:04..
Old 15th September 2019, 22:26   #9
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Hi Keith,
Why not get yourself along here this weekend, it's free, just turn up

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=298399

Not sure if I will be there yet as I have a lot on just now but a friendly and well informed bunch of people.

As for the DTV then yes, has its own antenna and A/V outs once wired into the tuner you use the Aux setting on the hiline IIRC

Doh

I'm a bit peeed off at missing that.

Would defo have come across today assuming you mean the Four Ashes on the Stafford Rd.

Nice flippin day as well to get out for a run.

Keith
Old 16th September 2019, 09:43   #10
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean66 View Post
Doh

I'm a bit peeed off at missing that.

Would defo have come across today assuming you mean the Four Ashes on the Stafford Rd.

Nice flippin day as well to get out for a run.

Keith
Yup.
Station Dr, Four Ashes, Wolverhampton WV10 7BU

Last one of the year is next month, 19th and 20th, weather not Guaranteed
Info here
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/