Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th August 2020, 16:54   #11871
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Get in touch with Big Russ, he can provide you with a back up ecu should it die in the future.
Old 27th August 2020, 19:33   #11872
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well I don’t know what I have done to my car today, but the engine light has come on and it is running like a cement mixer, missing. lack of power sometimes not changing gears properly because of the change in torque from the miss firing. No bangs, just missing a beat.Managed to get home in pouring rain, so tomorrow I will be having a look at plugs first, then coils then injectors. Got a feeling it is probably either coils or injector.............hopefully.
Old 27th August 2020, 21:55   #11873
Mogart

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Get in touch with Big Russ, he can provide you with a back up ecu should it die in the future.
Thanks trikey good idea.
Mogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 18:27   #11874
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Fitted a new osf wishbone bush. Managed to get away without removing the undertray or undoing anything other than the wheel and the two bolts. But my word its a pain getting the first of those two back in again while the wishbone is connected.
Thats the 2nd advisory sorted. Polish the headlamps next.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 18:30   #11875
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideValve View Post
my word its a pain getting the first of those two back in again while the wishbone is connected.
All done from the outside! Wow! Well done.
Old 29th August 2020, 19:03   #11876
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
Looks great. Did you fit the boot badge?

Dougie.
not just the badge dougie its the boot plinth as well.pre project drive version. my 75 has this plinth and separate boot badge and its 02 my friends 52 plate has the project drive (all in one plinth and badge ) version. not as nice in my opinion ... but each to his own as they say !!
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 20:53   #11877
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Fixed the cables for the bonnet release after they fail to open the bonnet. I used a heat gun and an adjustable spanner to close the "spread" on the plastic cover at the single wire end. I then drilled and bolted through the plastic cover to prevent the "spread" re-concurring.

With wheel arch cover off I wire brush any rust off. I then applied a rust converter then sprayed the area with ACF-50. Then I noticed a broken spring. Set of front spring now on order from Rimmers Bros.
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 21:57   #11878
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Burned out bulb warning.
Best feature ever!

Old 29th August 2020, 22:13   #11879
Pauldee
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default All dry and sorted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldee View Post
When I got into the car today, I thought there was a bit of a pong in the air, it was only then I noticed the addition of a new swimming pool.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1598118803

Following an in-depth investigation, I identified the sunroof drainpipe as the culprit. Why manufacturers choose to install drainpipe joins in the passenger compartment is beyond me and if anyone has the answer to that I would very much like to hear it.

Anyway, seat out, remove trim, carpet up and the unenviable task of mopping up the water. ( I have done this water removal jobbie before on a previous Rover 75, it was a scuttle clip that had moved - mental note to check the scuttle clips, although there are no tell-tale signs behind the glove box, so I am living in hope that it's only the sun roof drain)

Probably removed about a half-gallon of water, squeezed the sponge followed by a wet and dry vacuum. It is drying but will probably take a few days before I can replace the carpet etc.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1598118803

Happy days - although I am glad that I discovered the issue now and not in the depths of winter.
My car is now back together. Re-secured the sunroof drains, both sides inside front and back. Checked the drains under the car and all four still had their duck bills which were promptly removed. Additionally I check the plenum, a small amount of leaves had settled at the bottom of the plenum but the driver’s side drain was completely blocked, attacked it from underneath and would you believe it all three drains had their duck bills still in place, they have gone now.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1598739103

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1598739103

While the carpet was up I took the opportunity to install two power cables leading from the fuse box (accessory pins, both ignition and permanent ordered from www.vehicleproducts.co.uk - an Aladdin’s cave for hard to find (locally, that is) car bits ) for the addition of an accessory socket in the load area to run a small fridge (my car is a tourer) and one power and RCA cable for if I decide to mount a subwoofer. Ordered and fitted new clips for missing items for the trim and for both the carpet and cills.

Did a silly thing though, usually when I dismantle something, I will put the screws/panels loosely back in position, that is if they are not going to get in the way, so I don't lose anything. Well, I replaced all the trim panels, installed the lower vent finisher on the panel, passenger side, next to the transmission tunnel (transmission tunnels - ah the good old days). Came to fit the driver’s side and could I find the darn thing, no I could not. Looked inside the car - nothing, pulled the garage apart - nothing, checked the back room where I stored all the seat etc. - nothing. Had the thought that it may have been picked up with the radio wiring when I was doing the RCA cable, didn't really fancy taking that part again but needs must. First though I had a look at the photos I had taken to see if I could, maybe, locate the illusive vent finisher - I couldn't see it although, looking at the photos of both panels I was wondering why they looked different. It was then I realised what I had done. I had replaced the driver’s side over the trim finisher (where I had put it for safe keeping). Panel off, remove finisher and install correctly - duh.

It has been a long week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01 Inside car.jpg (111.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 02 Inside car.jpg (127.3 KB, 29 views)
Pauldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 12:32   #11880
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Changed the o/s front indicator, so it matched the n/s one. When I first bought the car, the n/s was full of moisture and lost it's silver coating. For some reason I only bought one to replace this and the o/s one always looked dull and mis matched.

I saw a pair of new ones on ebay for the price Rimmers etc sell just one so bought them, and some silver coat bulbs a few months ago. Finally got around to fitting them. Looks much better now.

As it happens, I took the lamp I removed and gave it a polish and it came up good as new so I have a couple of spares now.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote