Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th July 2022, 09:10   #1
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Drop links

Apologies in advance for starting what seems to be yet another thread on the dreaded subject.

Tried to replace the driver's side front drop link yesterday. New links from DMGRS all prepped by lopping around 8mm off the top. However, the ones fitted must have had the struts removed to fit them as there's no way I can get a spanner in. Tried to cut the old link under the spring mount but I can't get my saw in with enough purchase and I don't fancy getting a grinder in there. The old girl is fighting me at every stage at the moment.

Is it possible to make it easier to replace the links by slackening off the strut nuts but not remove the strut? I reckon that should give me enough room to get a spanner in and get the old link off. I'd rather not have to get the garage to do the job, as they'll charge me an inordinate amount.