Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd August 2018, 22:18   #1
Coidy
Regular poster

MG ZT 135+

Default ZT260 Backboxes for ZT180

Does anyone know if the backboxes from a ZT 260 will fit my ZT180? I’m looking to get a quad exhaust setup and someone offer me a pair of ZT260 backboxes but not sure if they aresomething I can work with or not. Obviously they can be made to fit but I’m wondering if at least the left side would fit to my standard exhaust as it is?

Thanks
Coidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 08:35   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Not a straight fit I’m afraid, can be done, far easier going to Tony banks in Leeds and having a chat with him.
Old 7th August 2018, 19:22   #3
Coidy
Regular poster

MG ZT 135+

Thanks Trikey, I’ve dropped Tony banks a message as I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get a quad exhaust fitted with him.. seen a couple of post on here about his work and as I live in Tadcaster he’s only 20mins down the road. Not sure who’s had an exhaust fitted by him before but does anyone have any ideas on exhaust sound. Below is part of the email he sent me regarding the sound from the exhaust but I’m not really sure what to go for. Would Mid Sports Note be too loud under regular driving, I want it to be loud and show off that V6 sound but I don’t want a constant headache.

YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM STANDARD SOUND (QUIET AS A MOUSE) TO MID MILD SPORT (HEARING THE ENGINE ON ACCELERATION) TO MID SPORTS NOTE (ASTON MARTIN V8 ACOUTICS) OR HEAVY SPORTS (TVR GRIFFITH SOUND)
Old 7th August 2018, 19:26   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coidy View Post
Thanks Trikey, I’ve dropped Tony banks a message as I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get a quad exhaust fitted with him.. seen a couple of post on here about his work and as I live in Tadcaster he’s only 20mins down the road. Not sure who’s had an exhaust fitted by him before but does anyone have any ideas on exhaust sound. Below is part of the email he sent me regarding the sound from the exhaust but I’m not really sure what to go for. Would Mid Sports Note be too loud under regular driving, I want it to be loud and show off that V6 sound but I don’t want a constant headache.

YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM STANDARD SOUND (QUIET AS A MOUSE) TO MID MILD SPORT (HEARING THE ENGINE ON ACCELERATION) TO MID SPORTS NOTE (ASTON MARTIN V8 ACOUTICS) OR HEAVY SPORTS (TVR GRIFFITH SOUND)
Deb has one of Tony Banks mid sports systems on her 180, it sounds as quiet as standard when pootling about and a nice rasp when giving it some, not horribly loud inside the car at any speed.
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2018, 20:15   #5
Coidy
Regular poster

MG ZT 135+

Okay thanks, what is her forum name on here? I’ll drop her a message and see if she can send me a video of her exhaust so I get an idea of what it sounds like.
Old 7th August 2018, 21:15   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coidy View Post
Okay thanks, what is her forum name on here? I’ll drop her a message and see if she can send me a video of her exhaust so I get an idea of what it sounds like.
We don't have a video im afraid mate, I would do one but the enging went bang a few months ago.. drop maxi_crawf a PM, he has the same system on his car, hes in Hull, im sure he would let you have a listen and a look at his.
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2018, 21:39   #7
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

You will need the drivers side aluminum finisher. I seem to recall seeing on the ZT Facebook page a trader who has re-manufactured a batch and has them for sale.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2018, 22:23   #8
Coidy
Regular poster

MG ZT 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
We don't have a video im afraid mate, I would do one but the enging went bang a few months ago.. drop maxi_crawf a PM, he has the same system on his car, hes in Hull, im sure he would let you have a listen and a look at his.
Okay thanks, Do you still have the car? Let me know if you wanna strip the exhaust off it to sell or are you gonna do a rebuild?
Old 7th August 2018, 22:25   #9
Coidy
Regular poster

MG ZT 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
You will need the drivers side aluminum finisher. I seem to recall seeing on the ZT Facebook page a trader who has re-manufactured a batch and has them for sale.
It’s okay I think I can get hold of an original, it might take some convincing to get them to let me buy it though