Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd February 2022, 16:52   #1
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Default IPK/Message Centre Query

I used my 75 tourer diesel yesterday after a few days standing. Some of the lines have been slowly degrading on the IPK/Message Centre for the last few years, but on switching on the ignition and waiting for the "Glow Plug On" message to go out [I know the plugs don't do much unless the temperature is below freezing, but old habits die hard!] something like a "fir tree" symbol in yellow appeared as well at about "5 o'clock" on the display centre.

It disappeared when the "Glow Plug On" message went out, and car started OK, no driving problems and no other warning messages.

Presumably, it's another stage in the IPK degradation, like the loss of lines? Or something generated by the awful weather in the past week [fortunately I'm well above the flood line here in Matlock..] or both?

My ZT also acted the goat after being parked as well during the bad weather. ABS warning came on, but driving around somehow cleared the offending sensor and all OK now.

Many thanks in advance for any responses

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2022, 12:32   #2
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Williams View Post
I used my 75 tourer diesel yesterday after a few days standing. Some of the lines have been slowly degrading on the IPK/Message Centre for the last few years, but on switching on the ignition and waiting for the "Glow Plug On" message to go out [I know the plugs don't do much unless the temperature is below freezing, but old habits die hard!] something like a "fir tree" symbol in yellow appeared as well at about "5 o'clock" on the display centre.

It disappeared when the "Glow Plug On" message went out, and car started OK, no driving problems and no other warning messages.

Presumably, it's another stage in the IPK degradation, like the loss of lines? Or something generated by the awful weather in the past week [fortunately I'm well above the flood line here in Matlock..] or both?

My ZT also acted the goat after being parked as well during the bad weather. ABS warning came on, but driving around somehow cleared the offending sensor and all OK now.

Many thanks in advance for any responses

Kevin
Is it this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Upper Message Center R75.jpg (32.3 KB, 39 views)

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2022, 15:20   #3
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Hello Glenn,

No, and not on that picture as such. Had that for bulb failures etc. in the past

However, it's in that area on the screen,and if you can imagine the "Glow Plug On" message on the screen, the top of the "tree" is between the "g" and the "O", and the bottom at the bottom of the screen. Not appeared on any other screen message [yet]and goes out with the "Glow Plug On" message disappearing.

Kevin
Old 24th February 2022, 21:45   #4
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Williams View Post
Hello Glenn,

No, and not on that picture as such. Had that for bulb failures etc. in the past

However, it's in that area on the screen,and if you can imagine the "Glow Plug On" message on the screen, the top of the "tree" is between the "g" and the "O", and the bottom at the bottom of the screen. Not appeared on any other screen message [yet]and goes out with the "Glow Plug On" message disappearing.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

In my manual there's only an icon for the Glow Plugs - no words. Below that is the Rear Fog Light On indicator. Here's a picture of that.

Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Upper Message Center R75 2.jpg (38.8 KB, 16 views)

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2022, 14:09   #5
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Thanks Glenn,

Different specs I guess? Mine's a 2002 Club SE, but two different Message Centre specs in my handbook

Kevin