Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2011, 14:02   #31
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Talking

Thanks Allegroboi your right, not many can say that about owning an S Reg from new she is in good nick for a 12 year old filly with just under 54K on the clock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1325-1.JPG (104.7 KB, 2 views)
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 17:30   #32
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmoobs View Post
Thanks Allegroboi your right, not many can say that about owning an S Reg from new she is in good nick for a 12 year old filly with just under 54K on the clock
Obviously made a good impression on you for you to keep it so long, but 54,000 miles is nothing, worth more to you as a lovely car than money now, so you have to keep it forever!
Old 3rd April 2011, 17:51   #33
simonsmith
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default First (tourer) 75 sighting

My first sighting of the Tourer was in May/June 2001 well pre-launch date whilst on holday on Exmoor.It was on the A.39 in North Devon just on the bend near County Gate.At the time I was driving a Carribean blue Montego TD Clubman Estate (very capable and frugal motor) and had already seen some pre-launch literature for the Tourer when we had had the Montego serviced.Needless to say I had already set my heart on the new 75 Tourer model and fortuitously a ex-demo Connoisseur CDT Tourer came up on the internet (then quite a novel way to source a new car) and its been in our possession since September 2001.It too is a very capable and economical vehicle.
simonsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 18:04   #34
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Yes that's very true I have had a lot of happy times owning and driving this car, and lots of many years to come. True fact this; I have only ever owned Rovers :eek
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1321-1.JPG (109.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1325-1.JPG (104.7 KB, 8 views)
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 18:13   #35
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmoobs View Post
Yes that's very true I have had a lot of happy times owning and driving this car, and lots of many years to come. True fact this; I have only ever owned Rovers :eek
Well done that man, true style and commitment
Old 4th April 2011, 10:10   #36
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Default First time you saw a R75

I saw the cars in a motoring magazine early 99, but the first time i saw them for real was at AF Noble's garage in the June of that year, there were 4 parked outside (brand new) decided there and then i wanted one, i must add, back then apart from one having leather seats, it was very, very hard to tell the "base" model from the most expensive version, as there were (as now) no "trim" level badging. they all had a quality look to them regardless of the prices. Back then i felt the 75 had, and still has a degree of character, style and a soul that is, i feel missing in many of other cars.
Old 4th April 2011, 17:01   #37
pete75
Avid contributor

Rover75 cdt

Looking at the tv news back in about 1999 i saw the 75. Got mine in 2001 and has done 78k. Still think of it as a new car, drives so nice.
pete75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 11:57   #38
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

The first time I saw one was going into my local dealer Beadles of Gillingham to buy service bits for my 214SLi. Sat in it drooling and took a handful of brochures away which I still have. Way out of my league price wise at that time, as we had just bought our house.

Had a good look with my wife at the Earls Court motor show and spent ages going from one to another. Got the thumbs up from both of us. We bought our first one (CDT tourer) around 5 weeks after MGR collapsed, a big risk at the time (we thought) but one that has proved to have been pretty sound. We bought a second one (V6 saloon) two years ago.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 05:44   #39
Woodgoat
Passed Away

MG ZT

On "Top Gear" with Jeremy Clarckson driving a pre-production model, comparing it to the Mondeo, Vauxhall, etc. - and actually making a few positive comments about it.
Quite a few years prior to that I had two V8 SD1's (auto/5 speed) and loved them. Living in South Africa, it took ages for the 75 to eventually reach our shores and then it failed to be a commercial success. However, when I saw my first ZT I knew that some day I would own one and despite being bitten quite a few times, I'm still smitten with her.

Last edited by Woodgoat; 6th April 2011 at 05:48..
Woodgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 07:24   #40
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

i remember seeing one for the first time in eynesford ,brands hatch.. i must admit i thought it was a jag.and as i do when i see a new model car i like ,i say to myself now that is going to be my next car ... as with all my rovers .i love the 600 series ones .