Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2017, 18:52   #21
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Nope, not all police are bad, and some are actually good at their job and some even care! Unfortunately, they are somewhat rare on the whole. One particular cop I know (I work at a police station by the way and know loads of them) is a complete...what's the word? Swine? Maybe. He actually revels in the dislike he gets from people and goes out of his way to antagonise them because he finds it fun. Most of them are really nice guys, saddled with undermanning, overwork and nonsensical paperwork. The utter piffle and nonsense they have to endure each day, and the workload that creates is unimaginable. But there are always those that make everyone in the world detest them. Like when a police car was parked over a driveway blocking a car in. It was MY car, by the way. I called the station to find it was unmanned. I called the local office and said it is an unnecessary obstruction, was blocking me and I needed to get out, only to be told that the poilce are allowed to park anywhere when collecting evidence. I did tell them the police station was no longer manned, that there were no police collecting evidence, coffee, donuts or anything else, and that the car was parked and the cops gone home. Took over an hour for some cop to come and move it, who apologised, but the higher ups I spoke to were just defensive and obnoxious and self-important prigs.
That's why so many people hate the police en mass.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 19:07   #22
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

As an ex HGV transport manager, driver and mechanic, I have encountered lots of traffic officers in my work. They have all been excellent to deal with. We had incidents involving drivers who had broken down and were stranded, waiting for our recovery truck etc. They went out of their way to help the drivers and the recovery teams. They even helped with trans-shipping a load, to speed up recovery on one occasion. I have had officers attend our works when drivers have been taken ill or had accidents, informing us in a caring and sympathetic manner. I can only speak of my own experiences and I haven't had a bad one.
Old 12th March 2017, 19:35   #23
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arryhall View Post
Nope, not all police are bad, and some are actually good at their job and some even care! Unfortunately, they are somewhat rare on the whole. One particular cop I know (I work at a police station by the way and know loads of them).
You work in a police station and you think caring police are rare?

I find that very hard to believe.

There are plenty of police who behave like the one Rick is talking about, but they'll always be the unwelcome minority.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 19:36   #24
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I've held off for making a comment, but I have to tell you this.

My brother and I owe our lives to a traffic cop. Without any concern for his own safety he pulled my brother and me out of a burning car after a serious accident. Both my brother and the officer were both badly burned, they both fully recovered. And we have stayed very good friends ever since.

So not all are bar stewards or nasty drivers.
There are good and bad in all walks of life unfortunately. although it seems that more and more people are becoming increasingly selfish IMHO.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers

Last edited by freck; 12th March 2017 at 19:38..
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 20:13   #25
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

A dash cam is a good shout. I would say don't group them all together. Unfortunately bad eggs in all walks.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 20:16   #26
buckyhill
Loves to post

mg ztt and mg rv8 and mgtf

Rick you know that reporting it will only give you grief? I knew a guy who had something similar happen to him and reported it and even wrote to the chief con stable but the silly man had a few glasses of wine with a meal and got a pull as he left the restaurant and got done for drink driving.
buckyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 20:30   #27
Wotan

75 sold - Rover P4 80 remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckyhill View Post
the silly man had a few glasses of wine with a meal and got a pull as he left the restaurant and got done for drink driving.
A fine, upstanding pillar of the community then? One less cretin on the roads, eh?

Steve
Wotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 20:37   #28
buckyhill
Loves to post

mg ztt and mg rv8 and mgtf

I agree but he claims he was set up and was being watched. But yes one less cretin on the road
buckyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 20:38   #29
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Sorry, I ought to be more specific with my comment. The rare bit was actually about the caring aspect: when several weeks of planning and organising, after months of observing and setting things in motion, getting forces together from different areas for something like a drugs raid, only to have the judges give the guilty and caught criminals 20 hours community service and basically let off; when long standing operations are undertaken only for the top brass to cancel the op at the 11th hour, you can see it is almost impossible for a professional to continue caring year after fruitless year. The officers I know consider things more of a game than anything. Do the job, catch the crims, watch as they are given a years suspended sentence, time served whilst awaiting court. They are let out, although that's a phrase as they are never inside to be let out, for the cops to have to catch them again and go through the same rigmarole.
I wouldn't give a monkeys either if I were a cop, but then I couldn't handle it. Doesn't mean there aren't some coppers that are borderline criminals themselves, and thems the ones that give the others a bad name.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 21:07   #30
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

There is always the other side of the coin, in the small town where i live,to see a police car of any description is rare. Just above town is the A465 heads of the valley road as it's known by,there are 2 police only lay-bys this road has been open since the 1960s,i travel along it about 4/5 times a week and every day when i was working. I have NEVER seen a police car parked up.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote