Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd January 2019, 18:11   #9021
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
Thanks Andy , she broke her upper arm falling on cobbles in Durham and after seven weeks is feeling better enough to hopefully start driving in a couple of weeks and will claim the Connie auto for a while saving the clutch on the Tourer
Nowt wrong with an auto (Although Brian wont agree ) Glad you have a nice light clutch now, its a totally different pedal when its been bled correctly isn't it Pete
Old 23rd January 2019, 19:51   #9022
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Well my clutch is finally sorted out to my satisfaction thanks to the loan of Brian's easy bleed The garage back in November diagnosed the master cylinder was leaking against me telling them fluid around the pedal was off me topping it up to search for a leak. They fitted the part and I had a pedal again and my warranty paid the bill so I took the car home. Then next day I took the car for a run and the pedal failed again after 7miles ! I had the car recovered again telling the reception staff it was the slave as I told them originally . They again diagnosed the master cylinder saying it was a faulty part . They said they had road tested the car after changing it again and pronounced it fixed …………………… the pedal was back on the floor in 7 miles ! I took the car home without a clutch and the next day I told them to come and get the car when I was at work in case things got heated on my part !

This time they changed the slave but I was without the car for over a week while they waited for ramp space ( the wife was using our auto Connie by now) Eventually they rang me to collect the car . I paid the excess on the warranty and went to the car to drive home...………..the steering wheel and trim were covered in oily hand marks and the old clutch master diaphragm and filler cap dumped in the door pocket ! I started the car and couldn't get the gears as they hadn't bled the clutch properly ! My mate who works at the garage, who had been on holiday whilst this saga was taking place, calmed me down and stopped me from marching into the workshop, gave me the keys to his car and made me go home whilst he sorted it out. He bled it as best as he could so it was now working, he cleaned the car inside and out and reset the tracking as the steering wheel was left out of alignment and he brought it home for me . By this point I had other worries to deal with as my wife had broken her arm in a nasty fall so the car was just parked up and I used the Connie. Last week Brian called over to do a job on the Connie and got me to compare the clutch on his ZT against mine and agreed it needed bleeding properly and loaned me his kit. The pedal is like the clutch on a Japanese car now and after a bit more tinkering with the steering column bolts to reduce vibration the car is nice to drive once again.

The garage if you're wondering is a main dealer that takes in other makes and not a back lane outfit who probably would have done a better job
Ah super stuff Pete, at least it's sorted now.

I'll have to bob over soon, as I need to bleed the clutch on Mats's car.......it was typical he contacted me the day after I'd left the bleeding kit at your place

I managed to sort the FBH pipework out, and it's all plumbed in now.......but more of that over a cuppa methinks

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 20:00   #9023
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

If my mate had been at work he would have done it and it would have been right first time ! Bad luck did indeed follow us again however...………..

Last week after he'd finished his days work, he replaced a broken front spring and lower arm on his daughter's immaculate black mk1 tourer battling the poor light and once finished he retired for the night. Next morning he couldn't see or speak properly and was taken to hospital where they diagnosed a mini stroke. I'm glad to say he's recovered his eyesight and speech and his slight loss of feeling in one arm and is physically okay. He's having therapy as he said he can no longer read or write and can't concentrate. Not sure when he'll be well enough to drive his cars or return to work but I'll help him and his family to get my mate Gary back.
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 20:03   #9024
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Ah super stuff Pete, at least it's sorted now.

I'll have to bob over soon, as I need to bleed the clutch on Mats's car.......it was typical he contacted me the day after I'd left the bleeding kit at your place

I managed to sort the FBH pipework out, and it's all plumbed in now.......but more of that over a cuppa methinks

Brian
I'm off work tomorrow Brian so I can get it to you before I pop over to see my mate Gary. I'll give you a tinkle in the morning so we can meet up
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 20:18   #9025
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
I'm off work tomorrow Brian so I can get it to you before I pop over to see my mate Gary. I'll give you a tinkle in the morning so we can meet up
I'll be heading to Hartlepool to drop off a repaired FBH for Gary Nelson, and pick up a brake master cylinder for Dave Johnson, so depending on timing, it might be as easy for you to drop it off at Dave's place Pete.

Of course as it's my mam's birthday tomorrow, I may have to go there first........cake

I'll give you a bell.

Bri
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:27   #9026
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hope your mate returns to good health quickly. Not a nice thing to happen. Problem is, never know when it is going to happen.
Old 24th January 2019, 19:57   #9027
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Recentred the balance VIS motor butterfly position, as it had overshot again and got stuck open, lost a screw and installed the Waze sat nav app on my xtrons head unit.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 21:22   #9028
marinabrian

MG ZT

Drove to Seaton Carew, had small fish n chips with cup of tea for £3.50

I then headed slightly north to Gary Nelson's place and obtained a brake master cylinder from a scrapper.

So after another cup of tea and a biscuit, I lobbed a couple of faulty FBH in the boot, and headed north once more to see Turbo Dave.

After a phone call to a despondent fellow ZT owner who was regaling me with his tale of woe about his car having been diagnosed with a faulty brake master cylinder, and wasn't going to be ready to pick up his daughter tomorrow, I arrived at Dave's workshop.

Then followed a brief phone call to Patrolman Pete, who's call I'd missed while on the phone to Graham, who was keen to return the easibleed kit I'd loaned to him last week.

So while I was waiting for him to travel the short hop from his house to Dave's workshop, I gave Dave a quick hand to bleed up the newly fitted brake master cylinder.

A good firm pedal was obtained, and a sigh of relief all around, so I hopped back in the car, and hotfooted it north once more to my parent's house.

Now that the candles were blown out on my Mam's birthday cake, and another cup of tea consumed, I loaded the dog in and headed for home, and after a brisk but chilly walk with the hound, I flashed up the test gear and repaired and tested a couple more FBH PCB.

All said and done, I can safely say, today has been a reasonable success.

Brian
Old 24th January 2019, 21:46   #9029
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Cancelled MOT attempt no2 as having got the car back Tuesday from having the front springs done the handbrake warning came on on the m54 and spongy soft brakes ment i carried on past the office to the garage who diagnosed rear break pipe had gone over the tank, should get it back tomorrow and then try again

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 22:05   #9030
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Drove to Seaton Carew, had small fish n chips with cup of tea for £3.50

I then headed slightly north to Gary Nelson's place and obtained a brake master cylinder from a scrapper.

So after another cup of tea and a biscuit, I lobbed a couple of faulty FBH in the boot, and headed north once more to see Turbo Dave.

After a phone call to a despondent fellow ZT owner who was regaling me with his tale of woe about his car having been diagnosed with a faulty brake master cylinder, and wasn't going to be ready to pick up his daughter tomorrow, I arrived at Dave's workshop.

Then followed a brief phone call to Patrolman Pete, who's call I'd missed while on the phone to Graham, who was keen to return the easibleed kit I'd loaned to him last week.

So while I was waiting for him to travel the short hop from his house to Dave's workshop, I gave Dave a quick hand to bleed up the newly fitted brake master cylinder.

A good firm pedal was obtained, and a sigh of relief all around, so I hopped back in the car, and hotfooted it north once more to my parent's house.

Now that the candles were blown out on my Mam's birthday cake, and another cup of tea consumed, I loaded the dog in and headed for home, and after a brisk but chilly walk with the hound, I flashed up the test gear and repaired and tested a couple more FBH PCB.

All said and done, I can safely say, today has been a reasonable success.

Brian

Happy birthday Brian’s mum.🎂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote