Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2018, 20:56   #1
David Iggulden

Rover 75

Question David Iggulden

Hello! Can someone help me please with the following? I am new here, have inherited a Rover 75 - 2001 model, X-reg, manual, 2 litre, colour on the maker's door pillar plate 'HEW' (one of those rare midnight blue colours but not metallic), trim 'SCF' - and am attempting a few repairs. Is someone able to advise where I can purchase the following:

1. I need some touch-up paint, liquid and spray, for this 'HEW' colour above.

2. I would like to replace at least one electronic unit of the key fobs. All the door and boot mechanicall locks work fine, the two metal keys I have work fine, the alarm works, but the remote electronic units to remotely unlock and lock the doors are broken.

3. If they are available, can these electronic units above be replaced without re-coding all the locks and electronic receiver in the car?

4. I need the white plastic clips (minimum of 6) which fit into the sill of the front and driver door entrances at the junction of the carpet and the rubber door seal, onto which the plastic covering trims are fixed.

5. The chromium 'Rover' insignia plate which slots onto a black rubber/plastic pad on the metal surround at the base of the driver's door opening has come off. Does anyone know if this is glued back on (if so, with what glue?), or is it a case of once it comes off it stays off?

If this is important for Rover parts supplies, I live near Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire, northwest of London.

Thank you all for your time and knowledge of whoever may be able to help me here.

Cheers,
David.
David Iggulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 21:02   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Iggulden View Post
Hello! Can someone help me please with the following? I am new here, have inherited a Rover 75 - 2001 model, X-reg, manual, 2 litre, colour on the maker's door pillar plate 'HEW' (one of those rare midnight blue colours but not metallic), trim 'SCF' - and am attempting a few repairs. Is someone able to advise where I can purchase the following:

1. I need some touch-up paint, liquid and spray, for this 'HEW' colour above.

2. I would like to replace at least one electronic unit of the key fobs. All the door and boot mechanicall locks work fine, the two metal keys I have work fine, the alarm works, but the remote electronic units to remotely unlock and lock the doors are broken.

3. If they are available, can these electronic units above be replaced without re-coding all the locks and electronic receiver in the car?

4. I need the white plastic clips (minimum of 6) which fit into the sill of the front and driver door entrances at the junction of the carpet and the rubber door seal, onto which the plastic covering trims are fixed.

5. The chromium 'Rover' insignia plate which slots onto a black rubber/plastic pad on the metal surround at the base of the driver's door opening has come off. Does anyone know if this is glued back on (if so, with what glue?), or is it a case of once it comes off it stays off?

If this is important for Rover parts supplies, I live near Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire, northwest of London.

Thank you all for your time and knowledge of whoever may be able to help me here.

Cheers,
David.

Hello and welcome, answers as follows:

1. Humberside paints in Scunthorpe, they do mail order, best paint match I have ever used.

2. & 3 PM marinabrian or bigruss, they will sort your key issue easily.

4. Rimmer brothers supply the fir tree clips you need, don't bother with any e-bay copies, they just don't hold the same.

5. the stainless strip should not come away from the black plastic part, if you need a used one, drop me a pm and ill post one out to you, Rick-Sta does new replacements if you fancy a different style.
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 21:03   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

HEW, Arden green
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 21:52   #4
David Iggulden

Rover 75

Thumbs up Thanks, and further ...

Thank you very much to the replier of my requests/questions. I wish my Rover 75 HEW colour looked as good as your photograph!
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by the abreviation 'PM marinabrian or bigruss' in your answer to questions 2&3 abaout the key remote?
And, again, 'pm' in answer to question 5? Does the chromium plate and rubber strip come as one part, and I slot it in after removing the existing rubber strip?

While, we're at it, the cover to the towing bolt is also missing. Is this a breakers' yard visit for a suitable spare?

I'm told the 75 is now becoming a 'modern classic', and is increasing in value. Has anyone else heard this, too?

Once again, thanks to everyone helping everyone else. It gives you faith in human nature!
David Iggulden.
Old 30th July 2018, 22:48   #5
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Hi David,
Pm means "private message". You can send individual members messages by either clicking on " members list" and looking for a member's name or clicking on a member's name in the forums. When you click, a menu should appear, one of the options being to send a private message. Both marinabrian and bigruss can recode new keys for you.
Old 2nd August 2018, 17:12   #6
David Iggulden

Rover 75

Default David Iggulden

Thanks, Dave. I'm on the job!
David Igg.