Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th April 2010, 15:50   #1
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Default My Rover 75 LWB

An ebay buy, spur of the moment.

Anyway I picked up the old girl on Thursday, as stated in the ebay auction the owner suspected a head gasket gone and I was preparing myself for the worse. He stated that the car has lost coolant and overheated so took some OAT with me to top it up with about a litre of coolant.

Deffo FAN does not work at all, which may have been the overheating issue, no water in the V so not loosing from thermostat.

No oil in coolant as far as I can see, and a small amount of gunge on the oil filler cap and the top of the oil filler tank but dipstick is nice and oily, so I don't think it has HGF.

Any way drove the 200 miles from Sunderland to Peterborough Thursday night, with diags enabled most of the time the temp sat around 95-98 degrees, a few times climbed to 100-105 and once to about 112, but then came back down again as I dropped speed. after about 150 miles topped up with another 1/2 litre after letting it cool down. So need to invest in a replacement fan and find where coolants going.

Gave it a clean today and saw that the Council - ex Mayors car, who owned it did not take great care of it body wise, scratches, swirls and paint chips on doors, wings you name it. Also looks like drivers side rear quarter has been resprayed as orange peel paint can be seen and both McNellie back doors has some surface rust near the bottom that will need sorted.

Should say it's got LPG which was very economical coming down. SATNAV was not locating exact position but just a loose connector, auto gear box seems sweet, and it's done 67K.

A few pics later.

Stubs

Last edited by STUBIE; 28th September 2010 at 11:35..
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote