Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2010, 18:36   #1
abid442
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Default rover 75 2004 facelift gold colour?

hey folks. I have recently brought a rover 75 2004 facelift model and its a gold colour. the problem is the front bumper and back bumper and the side sills look a different colour to the rest of the body in some angles, can anyone explain. sometines they look bang on and other times not? really dont have a clue. Its a 2004 cdti se connissuere model.
abid442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:47   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Hi Abid,

What is the extact colour of your car?

Check here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=20831

If it's a Monogram special with Flip-paint, it may have had the bumpers resprayed with a different batch of paint (though I doubt it).

If done correctly, it shouldn't make any difference to what surface (plastic or metal) the paint is applied to.

What is the three letter paint code for your car?
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:01   #3
arry
Avid contributor

none

Hi Abid,
I have a 54 Facelift 75 which is Platignum Gold which I believe is a slightly different gold of the earlier models. In most lights it does tend to look more Silver than Gold to me and also like yours the bumper can look different to the body panels.
I think this is all to do with the make up of the paint and it looks different depending on the light conditions, the angle you look at the panels etc.

The type of paint that is on the car is of an Acrylic formula, or so my local garage tells me and can easily be replicated if needed.

Arry.

PS. The wife swears that the car allways looks Gold to her ! but I disagree and don,t argue the point with her anymore. LoL
arry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:11   #4
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by abid442 View Post
hey folks. I have recently brought a rover 75 2004 facelift model and its a gold colour. the problem is the front bumper and back bumper and the side sills look a different colour to the rest of the body in some angles, can anyone explain. sometines they look bang on and other times not? really dont have a clue. Its a 2004 cdti se connissuere model.
I have same model and age as yours, one of the first batch of Facelift models, and White Gold is the colour. The car is completely standard and has never been in a prang, so has never been painted. The paint match differences between bumpers and body can be seen if you look close enough. The bumpers I would think are painted in batches away from from the body and are not matched to the car.

GMN White Gold, refer to your chassis plate on passenger side door pillar

Last edited by Lovel; 3rd May 2010 at 19:14..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:38   #5
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
The paint match differences between bumpers and body can be seen if you look close enough. The bumpers I would think are painted in batches away from from the body and are not matched to the car.

GMN White Gold, refer to your chassis plate on passenger side door pillar
Here is a picture of the production line at Longbridge.

You can see the bumpers stacked up ready for fixing to each 75/ZT as it came along.

The bumpers are already painted, so as you say they were possibly painted in batches away from the car.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:26   #6
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Had a car a while back was like that,but that was because it was "Pearlesent Paint" looked a different colour depending on the light.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:51   #7
aos
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer ConnSE cdti

My car is the same. My dad owned it from new, and I noticed it then (2004). The bumpers do not match exactly with metal bodywork.
aos is offline   Reply With Quote