Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2010, 19:01   #1
jockey-160
Avid contributor

mg zt 160+

Default rear hub play

hey guys more troubles I'm afraid first i noticed the backbox it also needs new discs on rear and now i have noticed there is play on the rear hub. it also spins really easy compared to the other side. how can i fix this? i think somebody has been there before as there is no hub nut cover on it. what do you guys think 4 weeks to the dreaded mot.
thanks
john

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...DSCF0860-1.jpg
jockey-160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:07   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey-160 View Post
how can i fix this?
Replace the hub with bearing as a complete unit. Dead easy. Use a new stake nut (usually supplied with the hub kit). Torque it to 155ftlbs/210Nm. Ensure you get the correct hub. It has the ABS reluctor ring built into the bearing.

Quote:
I think somebody has been there before as there is no hub nut cover on it. what do you guys think?
Dust cap/grease cap is fitted on rear hubs, not on front. Get from a scrapper if not in the kit.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:25   #3
jockey-160
Avid contributor

mg zt 160+

thanks mate for your help its the rear hub thats got the play in it. is it easy to replace what tools do i need as i dont mind getting my hands dirty.
thanks again

Old 3rd May 2010, 19:35   #4
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey-160 View Post
is it easy to replace what tools do i need as i dont mind getting my hands dirty:
'Easy' is relative, but if you plan on replacing the discs, the hubs are just as easy and should be done at the same time. The tools needed are a socket for the hub nut. I can't remember the size (32mm I think) but someone will confirm it. The calipers and disc should be removed first. These nee pair of pliers to remove the retaining clip and the pads. You'll need a 7mm Allen key tool to slacken the caliper guide pins and a 13mm spanner to slacken the caliper mounting bolts. The disc is located with a T50 countersunk Torx screw. You really need a torque wrench for putting everything back. And get a Haynes manual which has all the torques and it shows you how.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:09   #5
jockey-160
Avid contributor

mg zt 160+

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
'Easy' is relative, but if you plan on replacing the discs, the hubs are just as easy and should be done at the same time. The tools needed are a socket for the hub nut. I can't remember the size (32mm I think) but someone will confirm it. The calipers and disc should be removed first. These nee pair of pliers to remove the retaining clip and the pads. You'll need a 7mm Allen key tool to slacken the caliper guide pins and a 13mm spanner to slacken the caliper mounting bolts. The disc is located with a T50 countersunk Torx screw. You really need a torque wrench for putting everything back. And get a Haynes manual which has all the torques and it shows you how.

TC
thanks t-cut i will let you all know how i get on just have to price the hub now. lol
thanks
john