Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th March 2022, 08:33   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Manchester clean air zone delay

Hi, I’ve just sold our lovely june 2015 registered euro 5.5 campervan. I was worried about it’s future resale value as it wasn’t eu6 compliant. Now it appears that the drive to implement the greater Manchester zone is stalled. I’m all for going green, I know the air quality around the busy roads feeding into Manchester is awful, but we need to be able to afford it. Due to a number of events, the UK is getting poorer and the future looks more of the same so what’s to be done, can we afford our drive to all things green?
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2022, 11:44   #2
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

It's been said in another Forum Post that the UK is 1% of the world's ungreen status. So are we intent on bankrupting ourselves for the sake of a fraction of 1%?
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2022, 16:13   #3
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Hi, I’ve just sold our lovely june 2015 registered euro 5.5 campervan. I was worried about it’s future resale value as it wasn’t eu6 compliant. Now it appears that the drive to implement the greater Manchester zone is stalled. I’m all for going green, I know the air quality around the busy roads feeding into Manchester is awful, but we need to be able to afford it. Due to a number of events, the UK is getting poorer and the future looks more of the same so what’s to be done, can we afford our drive to all things green?

It stalled because electric vehicles are too expensive & there isn't an affordable EV used market yet so people can get hold of cheaper electric vehicles, I think every man & his dog could have told em that long ago.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2022, 19:46   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Also.

If you have a vehicle that meets the national standards of emissions, IE the MOT, why do you need to pay to use that vehicle on any roads in the UK, the MOT is the point at which it's deemed fit or unfit to use on UK roads, or the MOT is pointless. It either passes the required limits for road use or it doesn't, that's the reality of this. A money making scheme to fleece drivers even more using dubious reasons won't wash if it ends up in a court of law. The greater Manchester area can't be exempt from the requirements of the MOT for purposes of revenue.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2022, 20:37   #5
mbev51
Banned

Removed

London has set a precedent. Will eu6 be charged within these zones when eu7 is available?
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2022, 10:05   #6
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Now that GMTE have won their court battle for bus franchising all adult fairs will be capped at £2 & children's fairs capped at £1 regardless of how many times they change buses for their journey. https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...journeys/17645

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote