Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th November 2022, 13:15   #1
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts
Default Phil t4 a shout out for contact

Looking to cantact phil t4 tried old number etc but no joy could anyone point me in the rite direction or if you see him could you get him to,contact me please thanks in advance
Old 8th November 2022, 14:07   #2
Bob Williams
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+

Phil works for Souls of Olney whose service department number is 01234 712592. They are very helpful.
Bob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2022, 14:24   #3
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams View Post
Phil works for Souls of Olney whose service department number is 01234 712592. They are very helpful.
Good shout Bob, when I had the S Reg 75, one year Phil did the MOT at Souls whilst we explored Olney and it’s historical church and parks.
The workshop in the garage looked very organised and clean. Had one advisory.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2022, 20:55   #4
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Still no contact from phil apart from 1 pm which i replied to so the reason for contact is ive got one of phils vt4 which has been fine but it wont link to any rover 75 or zt it tells me no communication nothing sinister but was hopeing he could sort this,if anyone actually speaks to him could they politley point him in my direction as its worthless as it is and cannot help anyone out if theyre stuck needing it thanks in advance
Old 26th November 2022, 23:19   #5
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable Tie View Post
Still no contact from phil apart from 1 pm which i replied to so the reason for contact is ive got one of phils vt4 which has been fine but it wont link to any rover 75 or zt it tells me no communication nothing sinister but was hopeing he could sort this,if anyone actually speaks to him could they politley point him in my direction as its worthless as it is and cannot help anyone out if theyre stuck needing it thanks in advance

I think you will find if it's the cable which it is most likely to be then, i doubt he will be able to help, another member tried to get his sorted a few months back to no avail.

Here acquired another cable from a member but that would not work, i might be wrong but once the cable gives out then the Vitual T4 is obsolete so may as well be binned.

That is unless Phil can supply a new one or let you know how to repair it.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=317936

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 26th November 2022 at 23:29..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2022, 09:13   #6
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

I remember reading about the Virtual T4, and as I understand it, its a software emulator that sits between the standard t4 RDS software, then uses a standard ODB usb cable to talk to the car.

I have built my own (normal) T4 with all the software, and do know quite a bit about them from my own research. Im happy to take a look at the software and see whats going on for you, maybe something "Windows" has broken communication, prehaps though an update? of course, if there is somekind of "hardware lock" going on we might be unable to.

Having never seen the virtual T4, only reading around some years ago, im guessing a bit, but willing to help if I can
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2022, 09:32   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10Rich View Post
I remember reading about the Virtual T4, and as I understand it, its a software emulator that sits between the standard t4 RDS software, then uses a standard ODB usb cable to talk to the car.

I have built my own (normal) T4 with all the software, and do know quite a bit about them from my own research. Im happy to take a look at the software and see whats going on for you, maybe something "Windows" has broken communication, prehaps though an update? of course, if there is somekind of "hardware lock" going on we might be unable to.

Having never seen the virtual T4, only reading around some years ago, im guessing a bit, but willing to help if I can
Hi Rich.
When Phil did the VT4 you could purchase one which would be Vin regulated so only worked on your own car or up three you owned, i think.

Then there was the VT4 which was open to all cars.

So must have some kind of hardware/ software lock.

VT4 is a programme on an XP laptop and a lead I'm sure someone with more info may be more precise.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 27th November 2022, 10:22   #8
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

thats what im wondering, if we can try and work this out ourselves. Im guessing its the unlocked version that Cable-Tie has if he has been able to help others. Im guessing the vin lock is in the software, and that software uses the standard "vagcom" interface type. I have to say, just guessing.

If there is a copy of the software, happy to take a look and try it out, see what it needs and compare with my own (real, although self-made) T4 setup.

I see being able to keep T4 systems running, and understood is vital to keeping these cars in the road for the long term. My own efforts have been mainly to support the Rover Coupe, and 200/400 clubs so far - but always trying to gather more information, and try to help the wider MG Rover community.

Last edited by X10Rich; 27th November 2022 at 10:25..
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2022, 11:21   #9
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10Rich View Post
thats what im wondering, if we can try and work this out ourselves. Im guessing its the unlocked version that Cable-Tie has if he has been able to help others. Im guessing the vin lock is in the software, and that software uses the standard "vagcom" interface type. I have to say, just guessing.

If there is a copy of the software, happy to take a look and try it out, see what it needs and compare with my own (real, although self-made) T4 setup.

I see being able to keep T4 systems running, and understood is vital to keeping these cars in the road for the long term. My own efforts have been mainly to support the Rover Coupe, and 200/400 clubs so far - but always trying to gather more information, and try to help the wider MG Rover community.
It is basically a K/D-CAN cable. It has a unique serial number flashed to the eeprom that is tied to the license file. The license file is what says to the software if it is Vin locked or not. The software compares the serial in the usb interface to the license, if it matches it launches. It hosts a virtual interface on 127.0.0.1, the T4 software is then pointed to this rather than the normal 192.168.1.2/3.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2022, 00:53   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
It is basically a K/D-CAN cable. It has a unique serial number flashed to the eeprom that is tied to the license file. The license file is what says to the software if it is Vin locked or not. The software compares the serial in the usb interface to the license, if it matches it launches. It hosts a virtual interface on 127.0.0.1, th]e T4 software is then pointed to this rather than the normal 192.168.1.2/3.[/QUOTE
Hi Jamie.
I thought you would be able to give more info on VT4 for Rich, and it looks like i was correct

ad altiora tendo.