Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st September 2022, 09:34   #166421
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Welcome to the day

An early start with the GP ringing at 07:40 for an update.

Just heading out for our daily walk keeping going. Sorry no other mundane activities to report.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 09:37   #166422
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning. Been absent for a while, just had a lot going on.

Pops is recovering after being the mobile groomer's first call of the day. Need to get in touch with the vet, used the last of Pops' tranquillisers.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 12:07   #166423
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

It’s very warm here, but once the sun is behind the clouds it can be fairly cool, and no wind either.
Old 1st September 2022, 12:20   #166424
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Afternoon all.

Back from walking Quizzie, Bertie & Bridget. All properly loony - marvellous. .

Bright and sunny but the breeze is picking up.

Had a "best guess" from our coal merchant about the likely price in the Winter. Cost is expected to be pretty much doubling . Getting enough to last through to Spring now. Apparently it's coming from Poland and/or South America 'cus although we're sitting on about 300 years supply we're not digging it up . If anyone fancies popping over to help wheelbarrow coal round to the back of our house please shout up. You might even get a cuppa and maybe even a wash from Quizzie .

Take care everyone.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 12:29   #166425
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

When I was still here with my folks we used to have a coal fire, smokeless fuel with built in boiler. Trouble with it was it had to be on 24/7 and if the wind was in the right direction it would draw the chimney like a blast furnace and boil the water! You'd get woken up in the middle of the night by what sounded like an earthquake, had to get up and run some hot water off.

T4 Location Map
Old 1st September 2022, 12:51   #166426
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Safety in the home!

Made a cuppa in the kitchen last night. As instructed by SWMBO on many occasions I started to tidy up after myself. I picked up the milk bottle and moved towards the fridge. Unfortunately, I was barefoot at the time and caught my toe on the corner of the cupboard, just as I had opened the fridge door. I crouched down, placed the milk bottle on the floor and grabbed the now throbbing toe to ease the pain. I thought that I had better finish putting the milk away, so raised my head and arm, only for my head, to come into firm contact with the now swinging fridge door. This, knocked a bottle of mayonnaise out of the fridge. I attempted to catch it but failed, causing it to spin, out of control and smash on the laminate floor and my other foot. This caused a stream of verbal abuse to be let loose from my mouth. I then heard the screams! Not of pain but of laughter, from SWMBO, who had witnessed the whole, sad and sorry episode from her armchair. Michael Crawford, eat your heart out. It seems that I had created the funniest few moments in several years (over 50) of our being together. I did see the funny side of it once the head and toes stopped throbbing!

Where are my safety boots and helmet?
Old 1st September 2022, 14:21   #166427
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Better than I thought at the Christie Churchill suite at Bolton general The box containing the hormone treatment I picked up from the pharmacy two weeks ago said implant on it, When the nurse opened the box she said oh! you've got the injection & not the slow release capsule that fits under your skin
It lasts three months so the next injection is on the 30th December.
Just harvested the 'pink fir apple' potatoes out of a 3'x2'x2' deep bed & great harvest, even a few potatoes from last year which are still sound.

I don't think I'll need to put any seed potatoes in that bed next year as there were lots of small potatoes I left in there top dressing of horse manure over Winter & jobs a good un.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 17:27   #166428
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Had a chat with Andy on the phone, hoping we might get to meet again later this month. I think I have missed meeting with him for about 2 months this time, once I was out when he came first time, and the second time I was with my mum’s funeral. So hopefully we can get for the usual walk with Quizzie for the usual swim in the river., might still be warm enough for a bit sun .
Old 1st September 2022, 17:49   #166429
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Had a chat with Andy on the phone, hoping we might get to meet again later this month. I think I have missed meeting with him for about 2 months this time, once I was out when he came first time, and the second time I was with my mum’s funeral. So hopefully we can get for the usual walk with Quizzie for the usual swim in the river., might still be warm enough for a bit sun .
Richard don’t forget to chat with Marina Brian, he is a good lad. It’s at times like this you know who your friends are, then there is Col. Mustard…..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 19:11   #166430
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

That was a surprise, my mate's younger brother appeared at the door wondering if I could do some guitar wiring for him. Explained I hadn't done guitar work for a while but I worked on his bass guitar a long time ago and he loved what I'd done, he was just about on his knees asking me to do the work. I relented, he's bringing the stuff along tomorrow evening.

T4 Location Map