Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th October 2012, 18:53   #21
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

I think it would not be unreasonable to expect close to 20% discount on an MG6, on that basis they are giving nearly scrap value for the trade in. This promotion also suggest that they are aiming low looking to appeal to people that want to trade up from an old banger does that mean they feel they can't compete against more established and superior rivals?
Irrespective of these offers I couldn't afford to trade up to a new MG6 I still run a now £1000ish worth of ZT because I'm skint and I think many others are in the same position. For that reason it's not a good campaign, if they are serious they need to appeal to people who are looking to change a 3 year old car not 8 to 10 year old cars worth a few hundred.
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 12:07   #22
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
That's just a discount. You normally get anywhere up to 10% off list price of any new car.
I know I'm just telling how they described it.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 21:54   #23
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

CarShop are putting out 61-plate MG6 S's at £9995 and SE's at £10995. It's about on par with other brands in there, maybe a tad cheaper. MG are always going to have an uphill battle in this country as the car-buying public have been poisoned against MG and Rover for decades. IF these cars are as good as they need to be, the residuals will start to move up when people realise they are good value, just like Kia and Hyundais have done recently.

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 22:11   #24
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Sad fact is they are not as good as kia or hyundai co2 emissions are a joke and the general look of the interior is unexceptional. They need to launch a more up to date model and a diesel
Old 16th October 2012, 16:54   #25
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossocorsa View Post
Sad fact is they are not as good as kia or hyundai co2 emissions are a joke and the general look of the interior is unexceptional. They need to launch a more up to date model and a diesel
Excuse me, but Kia and Hyundai were unexceptional jokes when they were launched here and look at them now....
Time will tell if they get a good foothold here.

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 17:36   #26
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapfell View Post
Excuse me, but Kia and Hyundai were unexceptional jokes when they were launched here and look at them now....
Time will tell if they get a good foothold here.
which doesn't alter the fact that as a new car the current MG6 just doesn't cut the mustard the fact that kia and hyundai made rubbish isn the past isn't really relevant to the current market position. Cheap and cheerful secondhand might be a different prospec
Old 19th October 2012, 16:48   #27
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossocorsa View Post
which doesn't alter the fact that as a new car the current MG6 just doesn't cut the mustard the fact that kia and hyundai made rubbish isn the past isn't really relevant to the current market position. Cheap and cheerful secondhand might be a different prospec
Totally agree... I think the MG6 is a generation behind the 75 mk1 in most respects
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 08:00   #28
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

As I mentioned before it just seems the sales team really aren't bothered about MG. The dealers are piggy backed onto less glamorous brands like Diahatsu and the sales staff have more interest and rewards for pushing the Asian cars towards the consumers.

My experience with MG in Bradford was dreadful and I suspect it was like that for many others. Visiting the likes of Ford, Vauxhall and VW the sales team could not do enough for you, were enthusiastic about the cars and had all the specs, facts and figures in their head along with brochures, fact sheets etc. MG couldn't even get me a brochure, when they eventually did it was the wrong one.
They only have two MG6 models for christs sake, and they sent me the wrong brochure twice!!!

By not releasing a diesel for the fleet market they've shot themselves in the foot with this car. I hope for their sake the MG3 is a better package.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 20:39   #29
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
As I mentioned before it just seems the sales team really aren't bothered about MG. The dealers are piggy backed onto less glamorous brands like Diahatsu and the sales staff have more interest and rewards for pushing the Asian cars towards the consumers.

My experience with MG in Bradford was dreadful and I suspect it was like that for many others. Visiting the likes of Ford, Vauxhall and VW the sales team could not do enough for you, were enthusiastic about the cars and had all the specs, facts and figures in their head along with brochures, fact sheets etc. MG couldn't even get me a brochure, when they eventually did it was the wrong one.
They only have two MG6 models for christs sake, and they sent me the wrong brochure twice!!!

By not releasing a diesel for the fleet market they've shot themselves in the foot with this car. I hope for their sake the MG3 is a better package.
Daihatsu? I thought they didn't sell those in the uk any more? Really dynamic dealers they're picking!
Old 6th November 2012, 19:29   #30
Richard Garner
Regular poster

MG ZT-T CDTi Xpower Grey, MG ZT 190se Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
the diesel should be out soon and is supposed to be a good engine
I believe its being launched next month. It does sound interesting but is the diesel going to be any good? More importantly will they sell any more than the woefully low figures at the moment? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Richard Garner is offline   Reply With Quote