Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd October 2014, 22:09   #1931
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Fitted four new Nexen 225/45 19Rs to the recently refurbished set of 18" Hairpin Alloy Wheels. Then fitted them to the MG ZT in place of the original Hairpins with a variety of tyre brands.

Got a good deal on all four after shopping around. Thought I would try some on my ZT as both my wife's MG ZS and my Rover 620ti have had them on for year or three and despite their economy price and status, have given satisfactory performance in all conditions so far.

Would have obviously preferred some Michelin Primacy Sports but they are double the price.

Done a few miles on them today and there's a definite improvement in steering and ride quality even on poor or slippery road surfaces.
How've you fitted 19" tyres to 18" Hairpins?!

Let us know how you get on with the Nexens, they seem to be good'ish tyres
d_a_n1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 11:29   #1932
enfo

Rover 75

Default cruise control

Recently bought 2.5 V6 connes with all the gadgets. got cruise control but looks like pipes missing from actuator. cant find any photo layout can any body help with engine photos showing layout. electric side working. Got brilliant service history previous owner titled, but he was ripped off by sevicing garage.
enfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 12:20   #1933
KernowRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon, 2.5 V6

Today I replaced the front bumper with a freshly spayed brand new one.

The Walnut Bling King.

KernowRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 14:41   #1934
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Just the usual checked all fluids & plems and all sweet
I usely do it Sunday's but her in doors as made my plans for me tomorrow lol
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 15:14   #1935
pevil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Manual, Club

Oil and filter change for me, well the 75, sounds a bit quieter too fitted a restrictor in the IACV pipe to make revs drop a little quicker between gear changes, works to some degree, read about this somewhere, can't remember where
Mods; Plenum checked-cleared and modded (spy-hole) - Leather handbrake grip fitted - Walnut gear knob fitted - C panel badges fitted - Bonnet catches greased - Stainless bolts fitted to front bumper - Digital temp gauge fitted.
pevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 15:18   #1936
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts
Arrow

Finished the 2 / 3 hour job started on Monday - replacing ARB bushes and wishbone rear bushes with powerflex. Spent eight hours on Monday - those ARB bush clamps are a ******** to undo, Finally got those finished but was defeated trying to get the new powerflex outer over the inner.

Resumed play this morning, and started with the dremel and fitted the remaining inner to the bush in the holder. The turned to the second one, unlike the first the outer on this was a metal band (the offside one had been a nylon band and come out complete with no problem. Another go with the dremel to cut through it and remove it.

The powerflex outers seem to assume that there will be a wide enough flat all around the front of the bush housing no chance! Both of mine were different (aftermarket bush housings), perhaps the OEM ones do. This meant that the bush had to be modified by having a flat cut in it to ensure that it sat flat and didn't cause distortion. The rear of the powerflex bushes also needs careful attention to make sure that it comes all the way through, it's rather like an over tight bicycle tyre trying to get it through correctly all the way around. I still ended up taking the dremel to the thing at the front to open it out a little to make it slide fully over the inner piece on the wishbone once I'd test fitted it.

The rest as they say was plain sailing. So a word of warning if you do decide to do this job yourself - if using the powerflex bushes give yourself a full weekend to do the job, You'll have to disconnect the Anti roll bar from the drop links, I also found it helped to disconnect the track rod ends as well to get more access to the front bolts. Make sure the bush outer is fitted properly in the holder, and test fit the inner part to it before taking it to the car.

There should have been a couple of pics here but photobucket appears to be down at the moment. Right I'm off for a test-drive.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 15:19   #1937
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Fitted the new nearside TRE to the blue 75, as it was an advisory on Thursday's MOT, however the steering wheel was no longer level...

This was cured by shortening the track rod by 3/4 turn

Mrs MB made me a bacon sandwich, however the job was done before the kettle boiled

I then fitted a decent Dunlop to a spare Comet to replace Fatha's mismatched spare wheel, and washed the fingerprints off the 75, shiny Royal Blue

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 18:27   #1938
wooly12345
Gets stuck in

Rover 75

Spent the whole afternoon washing RGT, Started with a snow foam, then a two bucket two mitt auto wash, then a clay (makes you realise how big these cars really are!!!) then a cleanser polish finishing off with cleaning off the alloys with auto wheels from bilt hamber...

Before

After

wooly12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 18:29   #1939
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

I gave the Polish guys a tenner, they did the inside as well.

I watched, it was exhausting but I did manage to save some energy to fix my FBH...
Old 26th October 2014, 15:53   #1940
oxfordblue75
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8T

Completed 650 mile trip , first long one since having head gasket done ,with no coolant loss and 40mpg in my 1.8t
oxfordblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote