Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2016, 21:58   #1
andrei_teo

Rover 75 Saloon

Default CDT fuel level problem

Hello. Recently i bought a rover 75 cdt and i encountered some problems. Diesel indicator from dashboard always indicate more fuel in tank. (When indicates a quarter it means fuel tank is empty). I watched several threads here, i found the problem, the right one did not make good contact (now seems to be ok acording to resistance values) but i dont know what about the left one. I cannot pull it out and check if it s good. (It s kept by hoses that come from the right side). Moreover i have no idea how it should be placed back all the right stuff. (The pump with the level sender, the other static pump?!?, the tray that is inside). I saw some pictures here but do not understand their proper arrangement and I think that matters to indicate the correct amount of fuel from tank. I really apreciate if someone can give me some details about that. It s annoying to calculate all the time how much fuel i put and how much i can go with it. Thank you very much. Greetings.
andrei_teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 08:38   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Sounds very much like your in tank pump has failed - there is a quarter of a tank in there but you can't get it out if the ITP isn't working.

The reason is the self priming valve on top of the ITP - if it isn't running the valve stays open, and once the level in the tank drops to the top of the ITP the under bonnet pump just sucks air.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 11:32   #3
andrei_teo

Rover 75 Saloon

I think i fixed the problem with the quarter fuel indicator. When i checked the rheostat contact of the right side, firstly it showed to me about 50 Ohms when "empty" and about 165 when full. Now it shows me about 5 ohms "empty". I checked a picture here and it seems to be ok like that. The problem is that i cant check the left one because i cant pull it out. And moreover i m pretty sure that on the right side where is the pump all the things from there arent fitted correctly. I ve just threw the static pump somewhere to the left inside the tank and then i tried to fit the pump in that tray. I want to check the connector after i full the tank but firstly i want to fit correctly all the stuff from the right side.
andrei_teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 11:44   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Ah I see. There is a bit of info and a few photos here showing the refitting of the module back into the tank:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=123820
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote