Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th June 2017, 19:28   #21
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Completely agree the BMW replacement is in fact an oil separator not a filter the idea is to strain the oil in the crankcase gases it is as such not a service item in our cars BUT in the BMW versions for which it was intended the entire unit is in fact a service item, NOT fit and forget.!
The original was also designed as a separator, but unfortunately started acting as a filter as combustion by products and contamination were picked up.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 10:10   #22
scorpio
Loves to post

75 Tourer zircon silver

I brought a tourer that was sold as spares or repairs, blowing black smoke and low on power. The filter was a solid block of gunge and the o-rings was shot.

I fitted the new style breather and everything was great again, car only cost me £88 and after a full service and new o-rings its great.

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur CDT Auto
Zircon Silver
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 13:00   #23
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I brought a tourer that was sold as spares or repairs, blowing black smoke and low on power. The filter was a solid block of gunge and the o-rings was shot.

I fitted the new style breather and everything was great again, car only cost me £88 and after a full service and new o-rings its great.
Goes to show the level of ignorance surrounding these cars, these cars now selling for beer money when 15 years ago on average you would have paid 20K+, a fortune for sure, for what was a superb car bypassed by the public on the 'advice' of so called TV petrol head personalities, as well as all the other well known collective efforts to destroy the brand, not to mention incompetence all round.

But well done for recognising a super deal, enjoy, enjoy.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote