Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st March 2018, 10:58   #11
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverP480 View Post
2006 RR sport is a L320 , similar underpinnings as Discovery 3 . I understand a used key can be programed with the right kit .
Have a look at https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/
thank you for replying roverp480 will have a browse through
jonno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 11:31   #12
Artermis
Regular poster

MG ZT

Have you checked your vehicle's insurance to see if you've got key cover as part of the insurance? Some offer it as a standard feature, others you have to pay extra for it.

So depending on your insurance and level of cover they could be an easy solution.

I've always had key cover on my insurance policies ever since I put the one and only key that I had to my Audi A8 in the washing machine. It was an all signing all dancing keyless entry, exit and go key. Cost me well in excess of £300 to replace it.

Its usually only about £15 to have it on the policy if you have to get it as an extra and depending on terms and conditions will define exactly what and when they will pay out, of course.

BD02 FFE - MG ZT+ 190 in Monogram Gulfstream, No 2 of 5 190 saloons made and ex-press garage vehicle.
Artermis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 11:46   #13
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
Have you checked your vehicle's insurance to see if you've got key cover as part of the insurance? Some offer it as a standard feature, others you have to pay extra for it.

So depending on your insurance and level of cover they could be an easy solution.

I've always had key cover on my insurance policies ever since I put the one and only key that I had to my Audi A8 in the washing machine. It was an all signing all dancing keyless entry, exit and go key. Cost me well in excess of £300 to replace it.

Its usually only about £15 to have it on the policy if you have to get it as an extra and depending on terms and conditions will define exactly what and when they will pay out, of course.
hi artermis, haven't looked at that yet as I suppose it would count as a claimthank you for your reply. jonno
Old 1st March 2018, 11:55   #14
Artermis
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno12 View Post
hi artermis, haven't looked at that yet as I suppose it would count as a claimthank you for your reply. jonno
you'd have to check your policy mate. On mine it's a bit like a windscreen claim, a separate excess and doesnt affect your no-claims.

BD02 FFE - MG ZT+ 190 in Monogram Gulfstream, No 2 of 5 190 saloons made and ex-press garage vehicle.
Artermis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 12:01   #15
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Jonno.
I know you have lost your keys, but take a look at the video below are or were yours key fob the same as in the film ?

http://www.roverparts.com/resources/...nge-rover-lr3/
hi steve, yes that is the same as my key, luckily we have another so were not desperate but want to replace asap as I don't like only having1, as for the video I could have done with that before I changed one last year would have been very useful, the spring was a bit fiddley. see u at the pol unless I get my clutch done shortly in which case will be at the first nannojonno
Old 1st March 2018, 12:46   #16
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
you'd have to check your policy mate. On mine it's a bit like a windscreen claim, a separate excess and doesnt affect your no-claims.
ok, will do thanks for the info
Old 2nd March 2018, 15:43   #17
scorpio
Loves to post

75 Tourer zircon silver

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROV...oAAOSw9gRZ-PKd

I think that is the key you need then get Brian to program the transponder then get it cut.

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur CDT Auto
Zircon Silver
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:13   #18
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

hi scorpio, yes that is the key, but marinabrian has put up another that cuts them online and then hopefully he will be able to code it for me, right now i am exhausting all places and back tracking where i may have lost it.
slim i must admit but some one may have picked it up. thank you for your info, much appreciated. jonno