Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd August 2017, 22:03   #1
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default What's your worst Automotive realted injury.?

Just came up with this topic now, for those who love tinkering with cars and our much loved 75/ZT's.

Some where along the line injury's are going occur, Oh yes I've had some good once even one landing me in hospital.

What's your worst automotive related injury you had tinkering with Motors?

Mine has to be when I took the engine out of my first Probe, Me and my dad were position too get the engine out of the car, It was catching on the side of the engine mount even tho the bolt was removed it was wedged in between.

So Stupidly I put my hand behind it and tried pushing it as my dad was lifting the crane.

It still wouldn't come out, so my dad lowered it and behold my hand was crushed.

The pain was unreal I could feel my hand getting crushed, You could hear it as well.

That was a hospital job that one.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:06   #2
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Hurting my little pinky putting the petrol cap back on "OUCH"
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:10   #3
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Reaching across the motor on my 210 Kart to push a spade connector back on, @ less than 30 secs after a full race, and put my wrist on the exhaust next to the cylinder head.

Ouch pulled away leaving a lump of skin and fleash on the pipe, Puffs of smoke ,looked just like crispy bacon .

Took a age to heal. .

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:22   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Caught Bitey McBiteface chomping on a 5w capless wedge bulb from a wing side repeater this evening, and he bit me while I was extracting it from his gob

Must put him back in the pickup

Brian

Last edited by marinabrian; 3rd August 2017 at 22:25..
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:32   #5
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Reaching across the motor on my 210 Kart to push a spade connector back on, @ less than 30 secs after a full race, and put my wrist on the exhaust next to the cylinder head.

Ouch pulled away leaving a lump of skin and fleash on the pipe, Puffs of smoke ,looked just like crispy bacon .

Took a age to heal. .

Oh jesus now that's going too sting like beep, I did something similar while red oxiding banged my head on hot back box, You'd swear there was a skid mark on my head.

C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Caught Bitey McBiteface chomping on a 5w capless wedge bulb from a wing side repeater this evening, and he bit me while I was extracting it from his gob

Brian
Bitey Mcbiteface LMAO
Rex one of our German shepherds was big fan of tug of war, when he couldn't win it was cheating tactics mainly involving flesh.
My old man Took the Bite like a pro.

He's still got the mark, Since then before Rex's death he was remaining champion of Tug of war.

AS no beeper would even try take him on.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Last edited by Lordy; 3rd August 2017 at 22:34..
Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 07:18   #6
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I must have strained every bone in my body trying to protect the contents of my wallet - what little there is in it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 08:08   #7
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Lying under my Old Talbot trying to change the starter motor, I dropped it on my face. (the starter motor, not the Talbot )

I looked like I had done a few rounds with Mike Tyson for a while after that, although some say it was an improvement

Last edited by neilb740; 4th August 2017 at 08:40..
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 08:36   #8
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

A blob of MIG weld spatter in the ear has to be the most painful - fortunately, no permanent damage. I had one trip to casualty about 20 years ago to get a bit of metal swarf taken off my eyeball - after a bit of angle grinding, it had somehow crept past my safety goggles.

Otherwise, just the usual minor cuts and bruises - comes with the territory. We need to respect the cars and the tools we use on them. A technician at a local Jaguar workshop had a spring compressor slip on him a while back, and the spring came up and hit him under the chin - broken jaw, smashed teeth etc. - very nasty.

Take care - go slow and careful.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 16:28   #9
Kerthan23
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connie diesel, 1982 xr3 & 1974 gt Capri

Default Automotive injury

Many years ago when just out apprenticeship I had a job to replace front coil spring on a 1990 BMW 525 and the spring compressors garage had were cheap rubbish and was holding the spring while tightening compressors! You can guess what happened next, the compressors slipped together & spring went like a banana with my hand in between and ripped the side of my left hand open like a burst sausage from pinky finger to wrist, when I got my hand out it felt two fingers wide and nitrile glove filled up with blood and I thought at time oh dear I've broken something but nope and shock is a funny thing as wasn't sore at time but 1 min later my legs buckled lol. Still have a scar from where they could only stitch and the pain from accident was nothing compared to getting an atheistic needle between fingers at joint ouch. Was very carefull when replaced both springs and shocks on rover!

Had weld grindings removed from left eye putting sills on bosses Vauxhall nova at a&e with a tiny wee buff.

Still got big welding burn on neck from putting new sills on my mk1 cavalier years ago where big blob of hot metal fell on and thought as usual just a small weld spark it'll cool but nope so stood up and it rolled down my neck down my chest and yes it's left it's mark. Happy days
Old 4th August 2017, 19:11   #10
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I was going to tell my little story but after reading Kethan23's I think it would take loss of life or at least limb to trump that
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote