Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd February 2020, 09:57   #1
Snapoff Jon

Rover 75 Saloon

Default 2001 Rover 75 Club 2.5 SE automatic saloon – Free to a good home

I’m posting this here because I can’t seem to start a new thread on the Cars For Sale section of the forum...

With heavy heart, I have decided it’s time for my R75 to move on to pastures new. The car is dark metallic red with cream leather interior and has covered approximately 87,000 miles. Bodywork is in very good condition, as is the interior.

I bought the car in 2016 with a mis-fire that turned out to be a burnt exhaust valve in number 3 cylinder on the front cylinder bank. In the process of repairing this I also :

- Renewed all timing belts
- Renewed the water pump
- Installed an upgraded thermostat housing and new thermostat
- Fitted a replacement electric fan (supplied by Jules)
- Replace all spark plugs
- Renewed both VIS motors
- Renewed ignition coils to cylinders 1 and 3
- Renewed camshaft sensor
- Renewed air conditioning condenser
- Renewed both rear wheel bearings
- Replaced both front drop links

All relevant gaskets, seals etc also renewed.

Additionally, I have also installed a double DIN Apple CarPlay compatible Denon head unit, upgraded the door-mounted speakers and installed a sub-woofer under the front passenger seat. Front and rear doors have been lined with sound-deadening material to quieten road noise and improve audio quality.

Wiring adaptor harness also installed to allow the to be controlled using the buttons on the steering wheel. Suffice to say, the hi-fi sounds great!

Due to a suspected issue causing the battery to drain I also have a brand new Halfords battery which has yet to be installed.

I have receipts for all that I’ve spent on the car.

Since the rebuild, I’ve used the car for two pan-European charity drives totalling some 4,000 miles and have completed both without any major issues. However, I’ve continued to suspect a that the cooling system is being pressurised – though the symptoms are insufficient to be conclusive. Refer to my various posts on the Technical forum for details of the symptoms I’ve observed and the steps I’ve taken to resolve.

The car has a few niggles that I have not got round to fixing – including :

- A knocking sound from the rear end when going over bumps. I suspect this is a worn drop link or suspension bush.
- One of the rear side lights works only intermittently – probably due to some corrosion in the rear cluster. Replacing this will likely resolve.
- As mentioned above, there may be an issue causing the battery to drain.

I’ve no doubt that I could make some cash from removing the hi-fi and selling separately and also by breaking the car for spares. However, it’s given me a huge amount of pleasure – both to work on the car and to have driven it to so many countries around Europe. For this reason, I’m keen for it to go to someone who will repair the minor issues and keep it on the road.

The car will need collecting from Bristol on a trailer since the MOT has expired. It’s been sitting on my driveway under an all weather car cover for the last 18 - 24 months (battery disconnected) – though I’m pretty confident it would start on the button once the new battery is installed.

Please PM me if you’re interested.
Snapoff Jon is offline   Reply With Quote