Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th February 2020, 20:04   #31
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crappycrimp View Post
Not only was the bumper damaged when I washed the car today I discovered the divers side rear passenger door is creased two dings in one day!

As for parking in parent snd child spaces I’m a single parent and know how frustrating it is to find them all full while hundreds of disabled spaces are free so if your going to use a reserved space use the disabled ones.

Captain crappycrimp
All I can say is that anyone who does that is as bad as the people that you complain about, Sorry.
Old 14th February 2020, 20:32   #32
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
All I can say is that anyone who does that is as bad as the people that you complain about, Sorry.
Thank you, totally agree - the wife is a blue badge holder. Not only is a doctor’s statement required but a walking test too so if any non-entitled, able bodied person, single parent or not thinks it’s OK to park in a disabled space then I wish them the same agony they are imposing on the ones entitled by depriving them of their access to a somewhat less torturous journey on foot.

OK I haven’t been over to UK recently, but hundreds of disabled spaces? Today outside one of the wards of one of Sweden’s major hospitals there were two disabled bays - both occupied.

I better stop now …
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 00:51   #33
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well it's just as well it's not a pristine example then isn't it?, and even if it were, as annoying as you might find it, there are worse things that could befall you Richard.

Anyway, there's no need to get upset, it's only a car after all

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 04:30   #34
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

My ex-wife has MS and very limited mobility, only being able to walk with a push along frame. When I take her out shopping it’s very noticeable that most of the disabled spaces are taken up with large 4 x 4’s none of which displays a blue badge.!
All because their owners are too lazy to walk a few extra yards, but what I find really ironic is that a number of them tend to be dressed in GYM gear !

These supermarkets are quick enough to issue parking tickets to those that over stay the set time limit but not blue badge violators - I suppose it’s because they can’t do it by remote cameras.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 08:11   #35
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
My ex-wife has MS and very limited mobility, only being able to walk with a push along frame. When I take her out shopping it’s very noticeable that most of the disabled spaces are taken up with large 4 x 4’s none of which displays a blue badge.!
All because their owners are too lazy to walk a few extra yards, but what I find really ironic is that a number of them tend to be dressed in GYM gear !

These supermarkets are quick enough to issue parking tickets to those that over stay the set time limit but not blue badge violators - I suppose it’s because they can’t do it by remote cameras.
the 4x4 could be owned by someone fit and well but if their passenger warrants a blue badge one can be issued but and it is a big but, the passenger (blue badge holder) must get in and out of the car, if they don't...... no need for blue badge.

I would say report offences.

just a word of caution. my mum was ill and required a blue badge.
I parked in blue badge space, took her into the hospital and then went and moveed the car to a normal space. what was seen? a fit person going to a car in a blue badge space and driving off.

After her appointment I'd go and get the car, park in blue badge space then go into the hospital and get her. what was seen? A fit person parking in a blue badge space and walking off.

why did I do it this way, cos it was raining and a 5 minute walk to normal car park

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 10:30   #36
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

True, but if their passenger warrants a blue badge then why do they not display it ?

Yes I am able bodied - at the moment - and people may see me walking back to the car with a trolley load of shopping which I load whilst the ex catches up, but ... a blue badge is always displayed.

Why don’t I walk along with her? Because she gets angry with herself that she can now only walk at a snails pace and prefers to walk alone back to the car.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 11:52   #37
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Remember guys.. not all disabilities are visible ones.
Old 15th February 2020, 12:41   #38
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I dropped my mum at the supermarket the other day. She's 95 and I always park well away from the "dinking" spots. She said "We should have parked there!" and nodded towards the parent and child parking spots, "We wouldn't have had as far to walk"! I would, no doubt, have had some disapproving looks, as she does not look her age!
Old 15th February 2020, 14:16   #39
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post

Quick question. Have you heard of anyone at a super mkt being admonished even by super mkt security? I have not. I actually spoke to someone at Morrison’s in Aldridge near us about a selfish man? Who came tearing into the car park and parked in a disabled bay and more or less trotted into the store. I was told that the store manager had told a security chap that ‘ the only problem is, they won’t come back and spend their money here if they are told off. Talk about cowardly non action. We won’t shop there any longer. Don’t deserve our money. There have actually been fisticuffs at the Asda super mkt by me involving the police over disabled and mother and child parking. What is the matter with people.

Last edited by bl52krz; 15th February 2020 at 14:19..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 14:23   #40
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
the 4x4 could be owned by someone fit and well but if their passenger warrants a blue badge one can be issued but and it is a big but, the passenger (blue badge holder) must get in and out of the car, if they don't...... no need for blue badge.

I would say report offences.

just a word of caution. my mum was ill and required a blue badge.
I parked in blue badge space, took her into the hospital and then went and moveed the car to a normal space. what was seen? a fit person going to a car in a blue badge space and driving off.

After her appointment I'd go and get the car, park in blue badge space then go into the hospital and get her. what was seen? A fit person parking in a blue badge space and walking off.

why did I do it this way, cos it was raining and a 5 minute walk to normal car park

macafee2
No argument from me about that. Thoughtful is what I call that. But I understand that it could be misinterpreted.