Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:03   #1
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Deadlocking

Still trying to resolve the "lock-out" and intend to give it plenty of time this weekend. (02 Tourer, flat battery, central locking flashes but doesn't unlock with external power supply to the starter, key just turns in barrel). As a fall back a white knight owner has offered me a replacement rear quarterlight BUT my question is, with the car locked on the fob will it open if I get through a window to pull a handle? I know the manual says don't deadlock it with people inside as they won't get out.

Originally I hoped to get a door open, pull the bonnet release and change / charge the battery but in trying to pull the bonnet release from outside (I've seen the secret method) I've dislodged the splitter box or whatever it's called on the inner wing.

As you see, various issues, get into car, get into bonnet to change battery, but first thing first, will I gain anything by breaking a window? Or will the deadlocking still prevent me getting a door open? Any thoughts gratefully received.
Scimdaz is offline   Reply With Quote