Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st December 2012, 19:02   #11
Bprepared
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ CDTi 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I also run an Adria,very lightweight ,easy to tow, and 2nd hand values are really cheap, beware if you need parts though,as they can only be got from Slovenia,although some Burstner parts fit.
Recent baileys have had damp problems, big style,can't comment on older models,but know of a few people who have had brand new caravans develop damp,in less than 3 years.
Bailey had some teething problems with their new 'Alutech' frame system which was launched 3 years ago, and is used on the Olympus, Pegasus, and Unicorn lines (replacing the Ranger, Pagent, and Senator respectively), but reports suggest that they have solved these problems for the most part now. On the bright side, damp rot is not a killer for these vans since the structure is aluminium and not wood. I have serviced many a caravan, and 90% of them suffer from damp at some point since they are a big flexible box. There is one thing I will say about Adria, although they are sound vans, spare parts can be interesting to find as the are supplied 'Green' without any appliances/equipment from the factory which the initial owner supplies themselves so you can find some obscure stuff in them, also they don't tend to have 12V systems as they are geared up for European sites which always have electricary, but the running gear is usually the standard Alko or BPW rigs.
Bprepared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 19:42   #12
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

I bought a very tidy buccaneer elan 15, 2005 . really pleased with it, a lovely caravan. had to travel to dover , but well worth the trip for what i paid for it
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 09:51   #13
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
I bought a very tidy buccaneer elan 15, 2005 . really pleased with it, a lovely caravan. had to travel to dover , but well worth the trip for what i paid for it
I've got a somewhat older Elan 15 - really well built - I am totally impressed with solidity and level of equipment. Went over it with a damp meter and couldn't get anything higher than a 12 - and that was near the sink on a pouring wet day!

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote