Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2018, 16:47   #1
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Default My new £510 ZT 190+

Hi everyone, long time lurker, I owned two ZTs in the past and was hoping to make one good one out of two bad ones, long story short life got in the way but now I've finally bought one!

I bought it from eBay for a scant £510 and it had 178k on the clock on apparently the 2nd engine.

It has some... interesting modifications...

Yes that is a ZT-T and a 260 badge...

Apparently the car was lowered, can anyone tell me just by the pictures if this is true as I also have an invoice for some OE springs, the previous owner bought it like this.

My plan is to potentially return it to stock, it has a filter, stainless exhaust which is painfully droning and an remap.

It also apparently has lowered Motobuild springs and Monoshocks(?) at the rear although they look stock.

I do have original interior trim available so that might be going back on fairly sharpish, the seats were retrofitted I believe, the passenger side electric seat doesn't work at all, any tips on how to move it would be appreciated.
P-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 16:52   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
Hi everyone, long time lurker, I owned two ZTs in the past and was hoping to make one good one out of two bad ones, long story short life got in the way but now I've finally bought one!

I bought it from eBay for a scant £510 and it had 178k on the clock on apparently the 2nd engine.

It has some... interesting modifications...

Yes that is a ZT-T and a 260 badge...

Apparently the car was lowered, can anyone tell me just by the pictures if this is true as I also have an invoice for some OE springs, the previous owner bought it like this.

My plan is to potentially return it to stock, it has a filter, stainless exhaust which is painfully droning and an remap.

It also apparently has lowered Motobuild springs and Monoshocks(?) at the rear although they look stock.

I do have original interior trim available so that might be going back on fairly sharpish, the seats were retrofitted I believe, the passenger side electric seat doesn't work at all, any tips on how to move it would be appreciated.

Nip and see marinabrian for a remap, the springs don't look low enough for motobulid in my eyes (My 75 has them and it sits much lower)

To move the seat, pull out the two cables that enter the motor under the front of the seat, you can then give them a few turns to manually move the seat (It takes ages and you have to do a little on each side in turn or the seat will try and twist in its runners)
Old 28th April 2018, 16:58   #3
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Looks pretty good to me for a tad over 500 sheets. That dash looks like it's been hydro-dipped, bit of an assault on the eyeballs though! Those seats are lovely, expensive option I believe, possibly from a 75 Contemporary???
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 17:21   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Welcome P-nut, certainly you'd stand out in the crowd at a meet, to which I would imagine, you would be welcome to attend. I can see your eagerness to change some of the interior; looks like a promo for "Frozen!"

Good luck with it.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 17:51   #5
JanCo
Regular poster

MG ZT 190

Very nice. Great bargain, though I'm not convinced by the dash! Think I might find it a bit distracting.

Can't really be definitive about the lowering, but it doesn't look particularly different to mine, which I don't believe is lowered.

Hope you enjoy driving it as much as I'm enjoying mine
JanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 18:40   #6
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Thanks for all the helpful advice and welcoming comments.

I just had MarinaBrian cast his expert eye over it and it sort out the first issue. Discovered it needs a new fan but otherwise in decent condition especially for the price.

The springs do not appear to be lowered thankfully which will save me money.
P-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 20:14   #7
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

The ride height looks standard ZT to me..
Here's a photo of redfive sitting on the motobuild springs that I fitted, OK it has non standard(but still 18") wheels that fill the arches but look at the ride height.

Cheers Ian