Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th October 2013, 12:54   #7
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartrivet View Post
BMW E46 plastic handle assembly for the tourer load cover sheet is an exact fit. The same part. And I'm fairly sure that the whole load cover sheet assembly is the same as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmith2 View Post
The BMW tourer load cover is wider than the Rover one.

I had a couple of BMW ones, one for the 5 series and one for the 3 series and neither would fit.
Dartrivet is correct with regards to the handle. The BMW part number is 51 47 7 046 771 - it's also known as a 'HANDLE' or (strangely) 'TOOL' - and it's for a BMW "3-Series Touring" 1998-2005 model (body codename E46, NOT the newer E91). Be prepared for storemen to pretend they've never heard of it, or can't find it. My man had to look it up in about 3 different books before he found it - so if you are sure to tell them the year and model, as well as the part number it'll save you time and fuss.

Ignore the fact that the drawing (if they show you it) doesn't look exactly right - the product that comes across in the bag IS right! You get top and bottom halves of the handle, plus the two screws for (in my case) £12.69. Result! (that price was back in 2008, mind, when I first wrote about this)

mikesmith2 is most probably right about the widths of the actual cover-sheet not matching though; I never tried those, and just needed a replacement handle (as Tourer owners may know, or will find out, if you let the sheet fly back under its own power, it will likely smash the handle, so be warned!)