Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2011, 18:22   #11
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenWilliams View Post
The 6 year limit is quite misleading and often mis-quoted (Not by you BTW)
A company is liable to some degree during the 6 year period and thats why companies like hotpoint offer a free 5 year parts gtee. In the small claims court (Where these things quite often end up) they are often seen as already offering more than they need to during the later years and a fair and reasonable callout charge is perfectly acceptable.

That said is 24 Months a good duration for it to last? probably not. Is the company that sold it to you liable? Quite possibly but not the manufacturer beyond the 5 year parts Gtee they have already offered as the sales of goods act covers the contract between the shop and the customer and not the customer and the manufacturer.

It's a minefield.. and I love it.

just fight fight fight and hope you get somewhere but rememebr the fight is with the seller not the manufacturer.
This is where we stand, we contacted hotpoint and they said the standard callout fee is £105 , But we could buy an extended warrenty for £160. so thats what we did, i will wait to find what their OWN engineer says the problem is, if it is the PCB then i will take it from there, The paramount thing was to get it working again.
So in your opinion if the PCB has gone, then do we approach the seller or hotpoint about partial refund, as the parts are covered for 5 years then some one should reimburse me £105 imho.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:30   #12
fse73549
The Best Car In The World

Rover 75 Connie se Tourer

Did you get the washer fixed? and do you now have clean clothes? on the matter of who you go back to as per sale of goods act is the retailer as your contract is always with who you purchased it from.

And take it from someone who fixes these machines the Aqualtis is a good machine well made but suffers from what everthing suffers from it's built to a price.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:33   #13
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fse73549 View Post
Did you get the washer fixed? and do you now have clean clothes? on the matter of who you go back to as per sale of goods act is the retailer as your contract is always with who you purchased it from.

And take it from someone who fixes these machines the Aqualtis is a good machine well made but suffers from what everthing suffers from it's built to a price.
yes the washer was fixed, looks like it was our fault, the outlet pipe was blocked and flushed back slightly and he says the pcb was wet as a result, so i simply replaced it, so we were happy just to have it mended.
yes we now have clean clothes
Closed Thread