Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2008, 20:54   #1
Simon
Banned

-

Default Help with Windows Live Mail and Sky broadband

Hello all. I'm currently at my moms house as she has just had Sky broadband installed and is up and running. We are currently trying to get Windows Live Mail to access her Sky mail. Recieving email is no problem but which ever combination of settings I try I cannot seem to be able to send mail through the server.

So, has anyone got Sky broadband and if so what are the outgoing mail settings that should be used.

Replies ASAP please folks as I'm on a limited time scale here

Thanks all
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 21:10   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

You've probably done all this already.

From Sky site:- Windows Live Mail isn't listed, settings will be the same though

Home > Configuring your email client: SnapperMail
You'll need the Premier or Enterprise edition of SnapperMail to access your Sky Email messages with POP. Here's how to configure SnapperMail: 1. Login to My Sky select Tools and Enable POP in your Sky Email account online. 2. Open SnapperMail and click Menu. 3. Select Options. 4. Open Edit Accounts and choose the server account. 5. Enter pop.tools.sky.com in the POP3 Server field. 6. Enter your Sky Email username (including @sky.com) and password. 7. Enter smtp.tools.sky.com in the SMTP Server field. 8. Enter your Sky Email username (including @sky.com) and password. 9. Click More at the bottom of the screen. 10. Set the Use SSL drop-down menu to Always Secure (Wrapped Port). 11. Check that Port 995 is displayed. 12. Leave all other boxes unchecked. 13. Select Always Secure (STARTTLS) for SMTP settings from the Use SSL drop-down menu. 14. Enter 587 in the port field. 15. Leave all other boxes unchecked. ** Did you click Save Changes after enabling POP in Sky Email? To ensure that Sky Email can communicate with your mail client, be sure to click Save Changes on the Sky Email Mail Settings page.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 21:12   #3
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
Hello all. I'm currently at my moms house as she has just had Sky broadband installed and is up and running. We are currently trying to get Windows Live Mail to access her Sky mail. Recieving email is no problem but which ever combination of settings I try I cannot seem to be able to send mail through the server.

So, has anyone got Sky broadband and if so what are the outgoing mail settings that should be used.

Replies ASAP please folks as I'm on a limited time scale here

Thanks all
Help is at hand my friend. I have Sky broadband also. You should find all the help you need at the link below.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-e...-settings.html

Rgds

brownie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 18:23   #4
Simon
Banned

-

Thanks to your replies chaps.
Sorry I didn't get chance to get back online last night but it got quite late by the time I got back home.

We seem to have a few niggling problems with my mom's internet/email but at least she can access it through the Sky.com's webpage-based email service which is enough for the time being. I'll probably pop back over in a few days time and have another crack at it.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 20:30   #5
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

My in-laws had Sky Broadband and I spent ages trying to get their mail client to send and receive mail. They too had resorted to using the web based mail client rather than a local one. Anyhoo, after much faffing, I realised that despite setting up the local mail client with the POP and SMTP servers, I had to enable POP forwarding from within the web based mail client. It's in the options once logged in.

Step 1. in GG's post above. I should read more carefully!

Member No. 971
nairda is offline   Reply With Quote