Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2013, 17:56   #21
tareim
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
I don't doubt it is but it's only come out this week and in performance bench tests its doing brilliantly
yeah the 2nd gen has just come out but the 1st gen (which I have) completely wiped out the competition
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 18:14   #22
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

I would go for a 10 inch, only as its better for me with internet / games, etc.

Ebuyer has some great deals on tablets. I can recommend their Sumvision tablets from experience.

Limiting yourself to £100 is going to get you a bit of a dog. Add a bit more and the specs increase and your experience will be very much improved.

Dave
Old 6th October 2013, 18:25   #23
myrover2013
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE in copper leaf red

Paracetamol are cheap at this time of year
myrover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 19:24   #24
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrover2013 View Post
Paracetamol are cheap at this time of year
Lol, very good :-)
Old 19th October 2013, 23:28   #25
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000cc View Post
Ok mate, basically just using it for browsing and the odd game... Mainly for using it to view this forum, Facebook etc...
I find myself using my phone a lot of the time and it's causing me to have a lot of headaches because of the small screen size.
I was having the same issues when on my iphone turns out I need glasses.
Old 20th October 2013, 12:36   #26
tigers1941
Loves to post

Rover75 Saloon

I have a Samsung galaxy Tab2 10.1 which is very good, they will cost new just over £200, I am very happy with mine.
tigers1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:54   #27
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

How is it going Mark? I apologise for jumping in here Mark... It is a minefield choosing the right one for the right price. I am in a similar position and have been spending several weeks, reading as many reviews as possible. It is doing my head in. It is for a Christmas present for Jessica. She will use it for kindle to read books, check her emails, do a bit of research and it should have a decent cam for skype as that is how we communicate when we are not in the same country. It needs to be wifi and even possibly 3g, as wifi is not always available in Africa. I might need to push the budget up.

I notice she uses the phone more than the mac and screws her eyes up doing it lol. I have to agree with what people have been saying about the bottom end of the tablets market, making people feel disappointed with the overall performance, then wishing they had spent a bit more. Having said that, we all have to watch our pennies.

I looked at the Amazon fire HD today for £119 8gb 9 (no cam) and £139 16gb, £199 for something else, but they were all sold out at John Lewis, Curries and Argos. Not all of the boxes were ticked, anyway I will have a look at the above links posted up. Cheers
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:47   #28
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers1941 View Post
I have a Samsung galaxy Tab2 10.1 which is very good, they will cost new just over £200, I am very happy with mine.
Same here, nice piece of kit and works well with my phone (another Samsung)

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:22   #29
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
How is it going Mark? I apologise for jumping in here Mark... It is a minefield choosing the right one for the right price. I am in a similar position and have been spending several weeks, reading as many reviews as possible. It is doing my head in. It is for a Christmas present for Jessica. She will use it for kindle to read books, check her emails, do a bit of research and it should have a decent cam for skype as that is how we communicate when we are not in the same country. It needs to be wifi and even possibly 3g, as wifi is not always available in Africa. I might need to push the budget up.

I notice she uses the phone more than the mac and screws her eyes up doing it lol. I have to agree with what people have been saying about the bottom end of the tablets market, making people feel disappointed with the overall performance, then wishing they had spent a bit more. Having said that, we all have to watch our pennies.

I looked at the Amazon fire HD today for £119 8gb 9 (no cam) and £139 16gb, £199 for something else, but they were all sold out at John Lewis, Curries and Argos. Not all of the boxes were ticked, anyway I will have a look at the above links posted up. Cheers
If you want a tablet with 3G how about the Asus Fonepad which is currently at John Lewis for £170....you can even use it as a phone to recreate the 80's!

http://www.johnlewis.com/asus-fonepa...m-gray/p577324
Old 24th October 2013, 09:31   #30
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

Hi Phil, jump In all you want mate, I have decided I'm going for the Samsung galaxy tab 2, i had a play with one in comet and was really impressed, it has the latest android and runs a really good processor and the screen is brilliant. Not cheap mind but a few family members are chipping in for a Xmas present, £220.
I thought if I get this, It will last year's and something I will use quite a lot so I want it to be good, otherwise it will just get on my nerves lol.
Thanks for all the advice folks.
By the way Phil, my mother in law has the kindle fire hd and she loves it and it is a nice unit to use.