Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th June 2014, 09:53   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
That would do it, but I can't see any mention of it not expiring - I'll try asking some questions in their forum.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 10:15   #12
skygard
Regular poster

rover 75 cdti

Smile sainsburys

Try Sainsburys very good and low price
skygard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 10:39   #13
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
That would do it, but I can't see any mention of it not expiring - I'll try asking some questions in their forum.
It will run for one Month, and you have the choice of it recurring or buy another 5.00-7.50-12.50 online or from your phone, if you pass your month and have not "topped up" or "recurred it" it will obviously stop working untill you do.
You will need a sim card if you are not adding it to your current GiffGaff one.
Just as a point of interest for you if you do not already know, you can earn points by "yakking" on forums, even asking questions will earn. They pay out twice a year and turn the points into cash, you then have the choice of donating to a charity, having credit put on your phone or paid into a PayPal account..........I see you like to write on our forums so you could make a "bob or two" on GiffGaff. I think the record for money paid out is £23,000 yep twenty three thousand pounds thats a lot of Q&A`s on a forum, how about our club doing that? (just joking) lol.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 12:36   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
You will need a sim card if you are not adding it to your current GiffGaff one.
Just as a point of interest for you if you do not already know, you can earn points by "yakking" on forums, even asking questions will earn.
Ken.
Oh, so that's where my £2.50 extra free credit came from - I did wonder.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 16th June 2014, 12:42   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
It will run for one Month, and you have the choice of it recurring or buy another 5.00-7.50-12.50 online or from your phone, if you pass your month and have not "topped up" or "recurred it" it will obviously stop working untill you do.
Whats the 'recurred' part?

Old 16th June 2014, 13:36   #16
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Whats the 'recurred' part?
You can set it to recur (continues payments) to save you going into GiffGaff site to purchase another months worth of data credit.
I buy mine on the site because I am usually flitting from Phone to Tablet with any data, it becomes expensive to have to buy 2 lots running at same time and a hassle swapping sim cards back and forth..........what I`m saying is............I might go a month or two when I don`t need any data at all on either device.
Ken.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:25   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
You can set it to recur (continues payments) to save you going into GiffGaff site to purchase another months worth of data credit.
I buy mine on the site because I am usually flitting from Phone to Tablet with any data, it becomes expensive to have to buy 2 lots running at same time and a hassle swapping sim cards back and forth..........what I`m saying is............I might go a month or two when I don`t need any data at all on either device.
Ken.
I see, there lies the problem - mine could go for many months unused, so I would be paying for it and not using it.

Old 16th June 2014, 14:45   #18
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
I see, there lies the problem - mine could go for many months unused, so I would be paying for it and not using it.
In that case you would just buy one months data plan, and if you needed it for one more month go online and buy another, you don`t have to wait untill the one you have runs out to buy an extra month, it would start when the current data credit finishes without a gap....if you do not need any more data..... ie; Sept, Oct you just don`t buy none.

When I say MONTH, it can be any part of the month and will expire approx 30 days from the start day.
I feel like a salesman for GiffGaff if you and I had done this chat on their forum we would have earned a couple of "bob"
Old 16th June 2014, 20:09   #19
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Giffgaff

Harry

Giff gaff used to do a plan that was data only with no limit on time

This has been discontinued

I don't think there will be any providers using that plan now
I would imagine your options would be to use the lowest monetary plan so you don't loose as much or the plan that suits your Internet usage at home and cancel your home Internet ( although it depends on what you use at home)
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 23:19   #20
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Harry I'm assuming the data requirement is for when you're away in your caravan.

Remember Giff Gaff runs on the o2 network which sometimes struggles to get 3g in all areas, especially low population ones. I'm currently in deepest Cornwall, my o2 network phone can only manage gprs, whereas my tablet on 3 is receiving 3g/hpdsa. Granted you may be using an antenna with your dongle which would help with reception.

My solution was to trawl ebay and buy the cheapest 3 mobile broadband sims with 30 days/1gb data I could find, currently using one that cost £7.00 and have another ready to go that cost £5.31.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote