Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th March 2016, 13:18   #51
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I agree, I used to have a 130 bhp 08 plate Passat TDi and I'm pretty sure my car isn't any faster with the 160 map.

Obviously there is more to it than bhp numbers such as the torque curve etc etc and I remember when I first got the map it pulled a lot better than when it was a 135 but it doesn't really feel like a 160 diesel (I should say that my injectors are fine, it has a new MAF which is working properly AND I don't doubt for a second it isn't a 160 bhp map)
It's called weight our cars are heavy designed for touring not racing, want to race get another car, the 75 is the last car of its kind a British car designed well and built well not many remain in excellent condition unmodified, messed about with,a classic car will not make it to that status if people carry on messing about with it. If I ever decided to buy another the first question I will be asking is what kids made and by whom.?
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 14:25   #52
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

I like my car due to the ease it can waft quickly from 40mph onwards in 5th gear. No stress to the driver.

its not a 0-60 car, never will be even with 160, its too heavy.

My old alfas with 95bhp but only 900kg in weight were quicker, not top speed though
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 14:34   #53
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
It's called weight our cars are heavy designed for touring not racing, want to race get another car, the 75 is the last car of its kind a British car designed well and built well not many remain in excellent condition unmodified, messed about with,a classic car will not make it to that status if people carry on messing about with it. If I ever decided to buy another the first question I will be asking is what kids made and by whom.?
No, I appreciate that and in a previous life I used to build racing cars so I know all about weight My point was that my car doesn't feel any faster really than a similarly heavy 130bhp Passat. I'm happy with it, don't get me wrong but I always think it should feel a bit faster considering

One thing I will say is that it shows it's worth on gentle hills, cars that have been glued to your bumper beforehand suddenly aren't and you're not even trying

Last edited by mystabe; 24th March 2016 at 14:43..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 14:49   #54
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
No, I appreciate that and in a previous life I used to build racing cars so I know all about weight My point was that my car doesn't feel any faster really than a similarly heavy 130bhp Passat. I'm happy with it, don't get me wrong but I always think it should feel a bit faster considering
I know what you mean about the Passat. My 130 b5.5 and even my 90 b4, both felt quicker. However I believe that the turbos kicked in more suddenly on those to give that whoosh.

The problem with the Passats when driving at any speed was that they just felt dull but felt like they could pull and pull. The x type was Even better for this when it started. The zt pulls well though but is more progressive and predictable.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 15:02   #55
2.2-600-vtec
Loves to post

mg ztt

If you had a larger turbo you would get the kick due to the lag, even a vnt one set right will give a little kick, at the dame boost levels a larger turbo will produce more power as you reduce inlet restrictions and exhaust restrictions due to being able to flow more. The 320d cdti engine is less cc hence the reduced stroke,

I did read however that the 2.0d mini cooper d uses the same cc engine as ours with a gartrac 6 speed box (conversion maybe?)
2.2-600-vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 10:47   #56
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2-600-vtec View Post
If you had a larger turbo you would get the kick due to the lag, even a vnt one set right will give a little kick, at the dame boost levels a larger turbo will produce more power as you reduce inlet restrictions and exhaust restrictions due to being able to flow more. The 320d cdti engine is less cc hence the reduced stroke,

I did read however that the 2.0d mini cooper d uses the same cc engine as ours with a gartrac 6 speed box (conversion maybe?)
Plus the same engine can also be had with an automatic gearbox as well.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote