Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st August 2012, 09:05   #31
pevil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Manual, Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petetourer View Post
I would suggest starting a new advert that explains why you are selling so quickly and how much you are looking for mate...

You need to explain it really as it looks quite strange that you are moving it on SO quickly!!!???
I agree, I'll refrain from posting what I'm thinking at the moment but like others on here unless we know why you're selling so soon after purchase speculation will be rife!
Mods; Plenum checked-cleared and modded (spy-hole) - Leather handbrake grip fitted - Walnut gear knob fitted - C panel badges fitted - Bonnet catches greased - Stainless bolts fitted to front bumper - Digital temp gauge fitted.
pevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 09:06   #32
hst125
Loves to post

2004 ZTT CDTi manual, 2017 Fiat 500L MPW, 1946 MG TC

Out of respect to the previous owner I wanted to keep the finer points off the public forum. It's not a bad car at all, but has one or two or three day to day issues that would benefit from attention. I am in discussion with the seller on these matters and I do not want any blame attached to him, but I was not expecting as much of a to-do list as it turns out.
The reason for adding this update to the forum is to strike while the iron is hot so to speak, to flag it up in front of anyone who may have been interested previously.
The car is obviously of some intrinsic value to the club membership and rather than hack around it with issues I do not have time to resolve, I feel a duty as custodian (however short my tenure) to ensure the preservation and enjoyment of the car.
I work particularly demanding shifts, and I already have my MGB fighting with the family for attention!
I paid the asking price and have obviously thrown a lot of money at the DVLA too and seek to recoup my outlay. I don't think the car is worth any less than I paid for it in light of what HAS been done to it, and all the issues as I see it are easily fixed by someone with time and some skill, no major outlay required.
If you are interested please contact me by PM and I will list the list for you, I dont really want to splash it aboout, it may be that more hands on members will laugh at what I have found!
Again, not a bad car but not enough hours in the day for me.
After all, I drove 135 miles straight home from deepest Essex last night, unbelievably managing to maintain 70mph all the way home including the M25! Everything necessary performed faultlessly, coolant temp rock steady at middle, and IPK said 32.4mpg, so nothing wrong with that is there!
Old 21st August 2012, 09:16   #33
johnc54
Avid contributor

No Rover at the moment

You have pm
johnc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 12:39   #34
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Still think you need to make a fresh thread now the update is in here.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 13:22   #35
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Still think you need to make a fresh thread now the update is in here.
My thoughts as well.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 13:38   #36
hst125
Loves to post

I appreciate the idea a repost would be appropriate, however as I intend to be transparent with the car, I would need to post details that would be best kept out of the public domain. There is a delicate balance of honesty as a seller and respect for forum decorum. I will get the Kodak out later and prepare a new thread if it seems suitable.
Just been out shopping in the old girl and above all else, it sounds sweet as a nut, supremely quiet and far and away the best looking car at Sainsburys today!
Old 21st August 2012, 14:16   #37
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Perhaps to the answer to these riddlesome posts could only be solved by DCI Tom Barnaby himself!!! dun dun daaaaaa!

Was it Mrs Bickerstock in the bowling green tea house by any chance!
Old 21st August 2012, 14:32   #38
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
I appreciate the idea a repost would be appropriate, however as I intend to be transparent with the car, I would need to post details that would be best kept out of the public domain. There is a delicate balance of honesty as a seller and respect for forum decorum. I will get the Kodak out later and prepare a new thread if it seems suitable.
Just been out shopping in the old girl and above all else, it sounds sweet as a nut, supremely quiet and far and away the best looking car at Sainsburys today!
My point being mate that this thread is done and dusted, the deal was done between you and Lewis and the car was sold. He is now just a previous owner.

If you intend to sell it on, it should be done in it's own thread with you as the seller. The car has nothing to do with the OP of this thread anymore and as questions start to roll in and then be answered in private messaging (transparency?) I feel it could have a negative effect on Lewis' reputation as a trusted seller.
I'm don't mean to sound funny or anything, but hijacking this thread won't aid the sale. Anyone with a genuine interest would do a search on it anyway and see the threads relating to this car.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 14:50   #39
hst125
Loves to post

Ok will get pics and start a new one later today.

No harm meant in making the above statements, i was not wishing to undermine the sellers integrity.
Old 21st August 2012, 15:51   #40
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
Ok will get pics and start a new one later today.

No harm meant in making the above statements, i was not wishing to undermine the sellers integrity.
Appreciate your comments.

It would be the best option for you to get greater coverage as this particular thread is titled **Now Sold**
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote