Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd February 2015, 20:43   #1
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Default highline problems

I have recently been having intermitent problems on my highline system (mkIV dvd sat/nav,bm54,intravee II for I-pod,widescreen bordmonitor,widescreen analogue t.v,reversing camera).I have had an issue with water in boot but all connections seem okay,my problems vary including sometimes no screen (backlight on),radio on but no orange light on above left hand pot,sat/nav working fine (including sound),i-pod intermitent,tape on bordmonitor intermitent,reversing camera intermitent,telephone not appearing on screen but am able to use using voice commands.That seems to sum up what is happening but am unsure what is the cause, could it be tv module,bm54 radio or possibly k-bus (11.6v at sat/nav,9 to 10v at bm)as this is not daisy chained where does it link into the k-bus?
many thanks for reading and hope it all makes sense.
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 11:46   #2
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

I would suspect the k-bus, possibly the juction between the two is high resistance.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 20:23   #3
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Thanks for the reply Geoff, just an update telephone,tv and i-pod are now showing on monitor.Although I am getting sound from the radio and sat/nav the tape wont give me sound output and the i-pod screen on the headunit shows music is playing but no sound.Also radio switches on and off from left hand button but orange light above it does not light.I will check all wiring again in the next couple of days and maybe put a new k-bus line into the bm54 direct from the sat/nav.
Old 2nd March 2015, 23:16   #4
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Just a little update to my problem,I have ran a separate feed direct to the k-bus on bm54 (pin 9) and can now get orange light on above the on/off switch and the tape now has sound.using a magnifying glass I have found a few pins have corrosion on them and I am planning on removing adaptor lead and soldering all connections (using adhesive heat shrink).I hope this my help others with similar problems
Neil