Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd September 2008, 22:45   #41
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
My TMC is permanently on (Green) due to having a BM54 Radio unit,
which has dual Tuners as does the BM24 a straight swap unit.
One of these is on the wish list along with widescreen and dvd sat nav - once funds allow
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:20   #42
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
From your previous posts about the T4 menu there is a option for Hi Line sat nav. As my car has not had a session with T4, I wonder if this would enable the Trip Computer option.

Dave T
Actually that is a a good point and I forgot about it
Anyone with the problem is welcome to pop around and I will set the dealer config option to Hi-Line then we can see what happens
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 07:41   #43
Hans-Jørgen Siljan

Rover 75 1.8 Saloon

Default Some problems after upgrading

Good morning to all of you

I've upgraded my entertainment system from the original Symphonie header (Philips XQD101090PUY) with glowbox mounted CD changer (Alpine XOE100430) to a high line Nav Sat system with an Alpine monitor (YIE000310PUY), radiotuner BM24 (XQC100440), TV tuner (YIC000110) and a BMW MK3 Nav. computer (not sure of the article no.).
It is working almost perfectly except for the TV and computer. I really dont care about the TV, but want the other functions to operate.

I've also installed the steering wheel interface (YWQ100031) but still have some problems :

1. The radio does not respond to my commands from the steering wheel remote controls? Have I missed something or do I use the wrong interface ?

2. If I hit a bump, the radio suddenly stop working. I then have to turn the radio off and on again to get it working again. Any experinces ?

3. I would like to reinstall the CD changer (preferably in the boot) but there are no awailable connectors ? Do I have to by a new CD changer or some new interfaces ? Any suggestions will be appreciated :-)

4. The last questions of mine is regarding the computer function in the monitor. I do not get any information at all. Do I have to install any more interfaces or units (I don't have the speedo with computer)

I'm gratefull to any feeback from you guys

Regards
Hans
Hans-Jørgen Siljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:47   #44
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Jørgen Siljan View Post
...It is working almost perfectly except for the TV and computer. I really dont care about the TV, but want the other functions to operate.
Hi Hans, welcome to the club. When you say the TV isn't working, does that mean you don't get the option on your menu screen, or that you can't get any reception?

The entire component set up for the high line system looks like this:

If you only get shash when watching TV, do you have the TV Amplifier? and is it connected to the rear screen antenna elements?

Quote:
I've also installed the steering wheel interface (YWQ100031) but still have some problems :

1. The radio does not respond to my commands from the steering wheel remote controls? Have I missed something or do I use the wrong interface ?
I can't help you here I'm affraid except to say that YWQ100031 is the correct part number for the interface.

Quote:
2. If I hit a bump, the radio suddenly stop working. I then have to turn the radio off and on again to get it working again. Any experinces ??
Are the connections to the tuner good and tight?

Quote:
3. I would like to reinstall the CD changer (preferably in the boot) but there are no available connectors ? Do I have to by a new CD changer or some new interfaces ? Any suggestions will be appreciated :-)
The Sat Nav computer is kept in the boot, so doesn't leave any space for the CD changer, which is why I goes in the glove box. The High line loom is designed that way.

Quote:
4. The last questions of mine is regarding the computer function in the monitor. I do not get any information at all. Do I have to install any more interfaces or units (I don't have the speedo with computer)
The Trip computer is generated by the Instrument pack, which needs to be the High Line version with dot matrix display, as you don't have it. The functionality will not be present unfortunately.

Hope that helps.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:42   #45
Hans-Jørgen Siljan

Rover 75 1.8 Saloon

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for your advise Reebs

I don't think I have the TV amplifier but are they still available ? I haven't seen them on ebay or anywhere else. But since there are no more analogue TV left here in Oslo, I guess it won't work anyway ? Or are there any alterantives ? Digital TV ??

Regarding the interface YWQ100031, I have this in the boot together with the radio mudule ? Is that possible or have I misplaced several intems ?

I'll check the radio tuner for good connections, but it is funny though that it restarts after turning the radio-power off and on.

It's plenty of space in the boot , but if the loom is not prepared for installation of CD changer in my boot, I guess I'm not able to...

Another question - is it possible to have a DVD player/PSP connected to the system ? And is it possible to attach any additional screens ?

If I'm to change the instrument pack, would I change more that just the speedo to gain the computer functionallity ?

A lot of questions, but if you are able to help I'm greatfull
Regards
Hans.
Hans-Jørgen Siljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 19:06   #46
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Thumbs up Updated This Reply

Yes the TV amplifier is still available from the usual MG Rover parts suppliers the part number being: XUC100771 Aerial Isolator.
Rimmer Brothers are selling it for £63.37 http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/cgi-bin/...rtID=XUC100771

But the rear screen in your current car will not have the correct cables bonded to it that come from the in-built TV antenna, so even if you did get the aerial isolator, you wouldn't be able to connect it to the cars TV antenna.

Digital TV tuners are available, to replace the Video Module in the boot, you'd need to look for BMW compatible units. JohnDotCom has plenty of info on which units are suitable.

The Steering wheel interface should plug into the wiring harness in the dashboard behind the TV screen, not in the boot - that could be the cause of your problems.

Here is a picture of where I believe it should go, but I'm not absolutely certain.

The instrument pack can be changed for a High Line unit, but you need to buy a brand new unused one, as it has to be coded to the rest of the car. It carries data specific to your car including mileage etc, and acts as a gateway to most of the cars electrical systems. Second hand ones cannot be adjusted to fit into new cars. So it's quite a costly excercise I'm affraid, as you need the car to be connected up to a T4 computer which MG Rover garages use to service your car.

In addition you need to replace the indicator stalk on the left side of the steering column with one that has the trip computer button selector on the tip. This is the only way to select and reset items on it. The TV screen only displays a full page of values such as fuel consumption, range til next fill up, 2nd trip distance counter, and over-speed limit value.

A DVD player can be easily connected to your cars TV A/V input, all you need is an adaptor like this one
http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/rov_av.html

Last edited by Reebs; 23rd February 2009 at 07:53..
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2020, 17:43   #47
kingbigjohn1

ROVER 75 tourer

Default NO radio sound and mute on TV screen

Hi friends, I have problem, year ago my radio stop working in sunny days. No radio screen show. Show only TV on screen, navigation, menu and trip computer, consumtion..etc. Fuses are ok. 12V on the end of radio connector - ok- Changig radiomodule - nothing happend. Please help. ROVER 75 tourer 2,5 V6 automatic. Harman Kardon sound system HI-line sat nav. John
kingbigjohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote