Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2010, 09:32   #1
ChrisH
Regular poster

Rover 75 facelift Saloon CDTi auto ConnSE Silver

Question Lo-Line 'Re-route' - how does it think?

From the handbooks:
Hi-Line 'New route'
The 'new route' facility enables you to select an alternative route for a set distance, to avoid roadworks, traffic queues etc.
... the distance box appears, indicating the distance of the detour required. Turn the rotary menu control to change the detour distance, then press select.

Lo-line 'Re-route'
Press to select the re-route function, then rotate the menu select control to set the detour distance (to avoid roadworks or traffic queues, for example).

My problem is that the Lo-Line nav gives little idea, apart from the initial left or right turn, where the re-route might be sending me. Has anyone used either of these enough to explain the logic?

If I am 25 miles from my destination and ask for a 10 mile detour, will it try to take me 10 miles off-route and then navigate to the destination from there (avoiding the roads it first thought of), or does it pick an arc that adds 10 miles to the journey, or something else?

I would guess that most members have never used the Lo-Line re-route, and instead turn off the nav, take a left and drive until the roads are quiet, then let it navigate from there... although it might take you straight back to the trouble you wanted to avoid!
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:38   #2
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
From the handbooks:
Hi-Line 'New route'
The 'new route' facility enables you to select an alternative route for a set distance, to avoid roadworks, traffic queues etc.
... the distance box appears, indicating the distance of the detour required. Turn the rotary menu control to change the detour distance, then press select.

Lo-line 'Re-route'
Press to select the re-route function, then rotate the menu select control to set the detour distance (to avoid roadworks or traffic queues, for example).

My problem is that the Lo-Line nav gives little idea, apart from the initial left or right turn, where the re-route might be sending me. Has anyone used either of these enough to explain the logic?

If I am 25 miles from my destination and ask for a 10 mile detour, will it try to take me 10 miles off-route and then navigate to the destination from there (avoiding the roads it first thought of), or does it pick an arc that adds 10 miles to the journey, or something else?

I would guess that most members have never used the Lo-Line re-route, and instead turn off the nav, take a left and drive until the roads are quiet, then let it navigate from there... although it might take you straight back to the trouble you wanted to avoid!
Yes it will always try to take you back to the original route it picked but it will depend how far you are from destination. If you are closer it will simply pick a new route on your detour. Like said you can always switch off and start again.
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 18:04   #3
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

The Hi Line system, will just re route you further along your route and generally avoiding the Problem if you have set a long enough divert distance.
You can obtain this often from the Traffic Information screen if using a MK4 with up to date software and map (2010 works)
Works very well.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 18:28   #4
Jürgen
Posted a thing or two

The Lo-Line will calculate a new route from your current position, avoiding the next X miles of the old route.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:23   #5
ChrisH
Regular poster

Rover 75 facelift Saloon CDTi auto ConnSE Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen View Post
The Lo-Line will calculate a new route from your current position, avoiding the next X miles of the old route.
Yes that's it.

Press 'Re-route' and dial in 5 miles (it doesn't seem to accept more that 6miles/10km) to say "We need to avoid something 5 miles ahead". The Nav seems to pick a route at about 45 degrees to left or right, until the problem is passed, and then aim for the destination again. Quite often it will rejoin the original route.

You need to dial in at least 1 mile for it to do anything.

Curiosity satisfied. Thanks everyone for your help.
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote