Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2015, 19:37   #1
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Default Highline telephone controls

My facelift Contemporary SE is fitted with a highline sat nav and the optional telephone control / cradle assembly fitted into the slot usually occupied by the passenger side cup holder.
When a compatible mobile is fitted into the cradle (Nokia 6310i) the phone appears to recognise the hands free set-up (small car icon appears on the phone screen) but the highline doesn't seem to detect the presence of the phone.
According to the factory instructions which came with the car, there should be a telephone option available on the menu screen of the highline, which is selectable once a phone is inserted in the cradle, but the telephone option isn't displayed, either in black (and un-selectable when no phone is inserted) or highlighted and selectable once the phone is inserted.
Does anyone have experience of this set-up and potential issues / faults which may be causing the highline not to detect the phone hands-free set-up?
All other functions of the highline system work OK.
Regards,

Steve
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 20:34   #2
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Never seen a post where a phone symbol is shown on hi line. Hope I am wrong as im keeping my hi line for originality.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 20:55   #3
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Never seen a post where a phone symbol is shown on hi line. Hope I am wrong as im keeping my hi line for originality.
According to the factory issued instructions, when the hands free kit is fitted, there should be an additional option displayed on the highline menu screen, 'telephone' this becomes selectable when a mobile phone is placed in the cradle.

It appears from reading the instructions that the highline recognises the presence of the handfree kit and displays the 'telephone' option. I have the kit fitted but the option on the highline menu is missing, obviously somethings not communicating somewhere in the setup, The kit, as far as I'm aware, was fitted by the dealers when the car was used as a demonstrator,

Steve
Old 10th February 2015, 21:04   #4
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
According to the factory issued instructions, when the hands free kit is fitted, there should be an additional option displayed on the highline menu screen, 'telephone' this becomes selectable when a mobile phone is placed in the cradle.

It appears from reading the instructions that the highline recognises the presence of the handfree kit and displays the 'telephone' option. I have the kit fitted but the option on the highline menu is missing, obviously somethings not communicating somewhere in the setup, The kit, as far as I'm aware, was fitted by the dealers when the car was used as a demonstrator,

Steve
Is this what Rich was posting about a day or two ago? planned but never implemented?
Old 10th February 2015, 21:08   #5
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

I would hazard a guess that you've got a Nokia car kit fitted with an autoleads mute lead.

The factory fit car kit was never available, so very little chance of it being fitted to such a late car
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 22:06   #6
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
I would hazard a guess that you've got a Nokia car kit fitted with an autoleads mute lead.

The factory fit car kit was never available, so very little chance of it being fitted to such a late car
Would agree with David's comments.

Try using the phone with the audio playing on the headunit, think you'll find that the audio playing will mute and the audio from the phone will come through the front speakers.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 08:26   #7
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

I'll try to use the phone as you suggest Jim and see what happens, in the meantime I've attached a copy of the instructions etc. which came with the car, which are from the Rover dealer and as you can see from them it does appear that the phone should be integrated with highline system, it's just a bit odd that they'd issue these instructions if that isn't how the system works (though nothing would surprise me )
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hi-line telephone.pdf (1.27 MB, 52 views)
Old 11th February 2015, 09:28   #8
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
I'll try to use the phone as you suggest Jim and see what happens, in the meantime I've attached a copy of the instructions etc. which came with the car, which are from the Rover dealer and as you can see from them it does appear that the phone should be integrated with highline system, it's just a bit odd that they'd issue these instructions if that isn't how the system works (though nothing would surprise me )
That PDF makes for interesting reading!

My thoughts are that it must be an MGR phone kit that never made it into general release and because of that cannot comment further why it's not working as described.

A possibility, maybe the phone holder pins are out of place and the phone isn't connecting fully.....a problem I had with a CARK91.

There was one also developed for the symphony headunit which didn't make production.

Last edited by J1MBO; 11th February 2015 at 09:33..
Old 11th February 2015, 09:59   #9
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
That PDF makes for interesting reading!

My thoughts are that it must be an MGR phone kit that never made it into general release and because of that cannot comment further why it's not working as described.

A possibility, maybe the phone holder pins are out of place and the phone isn't connecting fully.....a problem I had with a CARK91.

There was one also developed for the symphony headunit which didn't make production.
Hi Jim,
The plot thickens - I've now had an email from the previous owner, who was the dealer manager and had the car from brand new, this is the interesting part of his email: The mobile phone set up did work with the same Nokia 6301i that I used. However at the time I retired the company took all the mobile phones from us so I never used the cradle for my new one. What I can tell you is that somewhere in our house I have a Brand new cable harness, box and installation guide that allows the display of the Nokia mobile phones most popular numbers to be displayed (Rover75 Nokia integrated kit ISO connector) which was given to me when I retired and also the cup holder (same colour Grey) that was taken out to install the cradle fitting.
So, it looks as though there might have been a kit to interface with the highline and he still has it - I've asked him to consider selling me the parts (as he won't have any further use for them)
Steve
Old 11th February 2015, 10:10   #10
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Hi Jim,
The plot thickens - I've now had an email from the previous owner, who was the dealer manager and had the car from brand new, this is the interesting part of his email: The mobile phone set up did work with the same Nokia 6301i that I used. However at the time I retired the company took all the mobile phones from us so I never used the cradle for my new one. What I can tell you is that somewhere in our house I have a Brand new cable harness, box and installation guide that allows the display of the Nokia mobile phones most popular numbers to be displayed (Rover75 Nokia integrated kit ISO connector) which was given to me when I retired and also the cup holder (same colour Grey) that was taken out to install the cradle fitting.
So, it looks as though there might have been a kit to interface with the highline and he still has it - I've asked him to consider selling me the parts (as he won't have any further use for them)
Steve
Indeed it does Steve.

From that does he mean that your car isn't currently fitted with the interface or he has another kit .

Either way, if you ever get to the bottom of it I'd be interested in having a look.