Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th November 2006, 14:12   #1
Nosegas

None

Default Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 for sale

Hello all. Posted this on mg-rover.org, before Mike McCabe reminded me that this forum might be a better place to advertise.

So anyway, with heavy heart it looks like I’m going to have to get rid of my Rover 75. Here’s the run down:

Car
2001 Y-reg Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 automatic
79,000 miles. Dorchester Red metallic with Personal Line full leather interior in aubergine with cream piping.

Spec
Electric windows, remote central locking, power folding electric door mirrors, dual zone climate control, electric sunroof, Symphony stereo with steering wheel controls, 6 CD changer, Harman Kardon stereo upgrade, heated and electrically powered front seats with driver’s memory, cruise control, built-in phone, electric rear sunblind, front, side and head airbags, ABS, traction control, 15-inch alloys, front fog lights, headlamp washers.

Service history
Cam belt changed at 65,000 miles
New brake discs and pads at 75,000 miles
Transmission fluid changed at 79,000 miles
Last serviced May 2006

Tax and MOT until May 2007

Blah blah blah
Quite an interesting car this; Dorchester Red is a great colour for the 75 but was deleted after barely a year of production and the aubergine Personal Line interior is unusual and a lot nicer than it might sound. No really it is. This is a late Cowley-built car which means black sills, engine size badges on the front doors, real wood dash and all the little bits ‘n’ pieces that the designers meant the car to have before MG Rover started leaving them off to save cash. The more observant might note that it was registered after production left Cowley and, as far as I can work out, it’s because this 75 was part of a batch meant for Japan until the BMW-owned Japanese distributor closed down. Instead they were modified to UK specification and diverted into the British dealer network. The Japanese connection might also explain the unusual and fully loaded spec which includes options like sunroof, traction control, head airbags and headlamp washers plus Rover badges embossed on the headrests, which are quite groovy if you like that sort of thing.

That’s the sales pitch, here’s the bottom line:
£4995

Pictures
EXTERIOR 1
EXTERIOR 2
EXTERIOR 3
EXTERIOR 4
INTERIOR 1
INTERIOR 2
INTERIOR 3

More photos on request. If you’re interested in the car give me a shout by e-mailing contact at sniffpetrol.com or post any questions here.

The car is in North London.

Ta.

Richard
Nosegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 14:43   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Sorry to hear you are having to part with what looks like a really nice motor.

Very best of luck with your sale.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 14:48   #3
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

That is a gorgeous car
Old 9th November 2006, 14:49   #4
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Great car there with a load of nice toys to play with, Hope you get a good price for her.

What car you looking to buy next may i ask
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 15:21   #5
Nosegas

None

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind remarks. Yep, it's a beauty. However, to answer Kandyman's question, the lovely people at Evo mag are giving me another long term test car and it seems silly to keep the 75 when it will for the most part sit unused on my street getting mucky and dinged. I think it deserves better than that.

R
Nosegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 16:06   #6
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

A free car is always good news

I think that if your getting a new car you should give your car to the owners club and we could raffle it for you

Well even after you got rid of the 75 i hope you will be staying about to chat and join in the banter we have here
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote