Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2010, 08:12   #11
Departed
Retired

--

There are four amps. The difference is the equalisation, so for test purposes will work fine, as the pinouts are the same for all versions.

For info, the variants are tourer / saloon, and hiline satnav / symphony radio. They do work fine (I have a tourer symphony version in my tourer with hiline) but will just not sound quite as intended.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 12:02   #12
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
There are four amps. The difference is the equalisation, so for test purposes will work fine, as the pinouts are the same for all versions.

For info, the variants are tourer / saloon, and hiline satnav / symphony radio. They do work fine (I have a tourer symphony version in my tourer with hiline) but will just not sound quite as intended.

In that case my amp is mounted in the boot just waiting wiring in so Womble if you want to borrow to test let me know - you're not a million miles from me. Having said that the car is in with Peter Wayte so may have to wait a week
Old 30th January 2010, 12:24   #13
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

Thanks for the offer Ragman. In the end, I figured for £65, I'd be as well getting a new amp and having a spare if that wasn't the problem.

Having fitted it, the amp clearly wasn't the problem.

This can only leave the TV tuner module as the source of the problem. I had assumed this wouldn't be the problem, as the TV picture and satnav display all works fine up front, but I really can't see what else it could be. I don't think it's a loom problem, because it gives a little bit of sound when the radio is first plugged in, and then dies off, which certainly doesn't sound like any wiring problem I can think of - more like a faulty electronic component inside, I'd think.

If it is that, it's going to be ****** annoying! Pay £100 or so for a soon to be largely obsolete part, or £450+ for a digital/analogue hybrid unit!

'Kermit' - MG ZT-T 260 Mk1 - VIN 019
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 12:26   #14
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Thanks for the offer Ragman. In the end, I figured for £65, I'd be as well getting a new amp and having a spare if that wasn't the problem.

Having fitted it, the amp clearly wasn't the problem.

This can only leave the TV tuner module as the source of the problem. I had assumed this wouldn't be the problem, as the TV picture and satnav display all works fine up front, but I really can't see what else it could be. I don't think it's a loom problem, because it gives a little bit of sound when the radio is first plugged in, and then dies off, which certainly doesn't sound like any wiring problem I can think of - more like a faulty electronic component inside, I'd think.

If it is that, it's going to be ****** annoying! Pay £100 or so for a soon to be largely obsolete part, or £450+ for a digital/analogue hybrid unit!

Or try my spare (which isn't in the car so available) to see if that is the issue
Old 30th January 2010, 16:36   #15
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
Or try my spare (which isn't in the car so available) to see if that is the issue
Is that spare as in "available for sale if it does fix the problem" spare?

It's easy enough for me to try one, as I can pop round to see Baldy bloke to try his, but given that he only has the one himself, he'll doubtless want it back!

'Kermit' - MG ZT-T 260 Mk1 - VIN 019
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 16:47   #16
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Is that spare as in "available for sale if it does fix the problem" spare?

It's easy enough for me to try one, as I can pop round to see Baldy bloke to try his, but given that he only has the one himself, he'll doubtless want it back!

Yes it could be made available for sale