Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th February 2021, 15:08   #1
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Default Back in 75 Ownership - My new car was a lemon!

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen my post recently about leaving 75 ownership and replacing with a 2008 Jaguar XF, which I was over the moon with.

Unfortunately, I got the XF up on a lift this morning at a local garage and we were shocked to find the underside was rotten.

Very sad as I loved the car and I am now out of pocket a bit (though distance selling regulations mean I am able to return the car to recoup some of my money). It was immaculate inside and out but was hiding a nasty secret underneath.

None of this mentioned on MOT history either...

Amazing that my 75 that is 4 years older and has done nearly twice the mileage is in far better condition underneath, so I am going to do what I should've done in the bl00dy first place and spend the money getting the 75 sorted.

Lessons learned here:
1. NEVER buy a car without seeing it in person. Hard at the moment I know but nothing beats getting dirty on the ground and crawling underneath with a torch.

2. NEVER buy a Jaguar. Can't believe the corrosion prevention is that bad on a 2008 car.

Happy to be back driving my 75 though. I had forgotten how well she drives.
Good job I hadn't sold her yet!
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote