Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st December 2019, 14:59   #21
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Further progress today.

This is the BMW type Coolant Connection which became loose ( when old they can be difficult to locate securely ) and their internal seals expand making a perfect fit hard to obtain. I removed the U-Shaped Clip for safe keeping to use later. The original root cause alerting me to the possibility of overheating engine damage.

Then deployed my Liner Drift GIZMO. Delighted to report it soon had the last Liner No 4 out.

Block now minus Cylinder Liners :~

Removed assemblies carefully stored prior to thorough clean up before refitting with the Shims. Think I will use the merest smear of Blue Sealant simply to hold the Shims in place... unless those with more experience of these things believe that is NOT a wise thing to do for whatever reason I'm not aware of. Welcome any feedback here.

Couple of years ago got a batch of various MG and Rover Metal parts refurbished and finished in Gloss Black Powder Coating. All have or will come in handy and this Tie bar from the Sump Mount will do just that on reassembly. Needed to run a Tap through the corroded threads and jobs a good un now.

Pleased with today's progress. Looking forward to cleaning up and checking all the components prior to the rebuild.

Off to run a nice hot bath now. Well earned deep joy for the old bones and joints.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0013.jpg (37.8 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0023.jpg (34.0 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0017.jpg (46.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0021.jpg (49.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0024.jpg (46.0 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0033.jpg (35.0 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0029.JPG (130.1 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Abott10; 31st December 2019 at 15:01.. Reason: Title
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote