Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th October 2020, 18:37   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Trip computer

I've a 2004 Contemporary hi-line with factory fit Harmon Kardon bells and whistles.
I've fitted a Mk4 sat. nav. and 16:9 bordmonitor with CD back and BMW TV analogue module.
My problem is all the IPK messages are in French. I'm sure it's easy to change language but I can't find the info. - quick help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I thought going into the 'hidden menu' would do the trick but after 30 minutes button pressing looks like I'm wrong.......
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2020, 19:34   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Easily done on T4!
Old 9th October 2020, 19:39   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Can he not go to the country code, using 19- 10 on the IPK and change German=0 to England=1?
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2020, 19:40   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Can he not go to the country code, using 19- 10 on the IPK and change German=0 to England=1?
No idea Ronnie, ive never had to beggar about like that, I just click 'Choose market'
Old 9th October 2020, 19:42   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
No idea Ronnie, ive never had to beggar about like that, I just click 'Choose market'
I'm not clever enough for T4 operation
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2020, 19:47   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I'm not clever enough for T4 operation
Im not clever enough for IPK shenanigans
Old 10th October 2020, 10:12   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

John,

It's over 10 years since I upgraded my then V8 to BMW widescreen so my memory might be playing tricks.

I seem to remember a similar issue at the time caused by turning off the speed camera alerts, turning them back on returned the display to English.

Worth a try .

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2020, 15:57   #8
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
John,

It's over 10 years since I upgraded my then V8 to BMW widescreen so my memory might be playing tricks.

I seem to remember a similar issue at the time caused by turning off the speed camera alerts, turning them back on returned the display to English.

Worth a try .

Jim
Jim, I think you're spot on. When I first converted to 16:9 and Mk4 but before I updated the OS (which I think was already latest version) and 2019 maps the IPK was displaying English. After the latest maps install I went for camera alerts option....
I'll have a play about but if I still want alerts I'm guessing it will be a T4 job (or maybe just watch my right foot).
Thanks everyone
Old 10th October 2020, 16:41   #9
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
My problem is all the IPK messages are in French. I'm sure it's easy to change language but I can't find the info. - quick help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I thought going into the 'hidden menu' would do the trick but after 30 minutes button pressing looks like I'm wrong.......
Other than a T4 Session, I believe you can do this with TOAF and also using Phil-T4's free program discussed here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=227943

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2020, 17:35   #10
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Other than a T4 Session, I believe you can do this with TOAF and also using Phil-T4's free program discussed here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=227943

TC
Fiddle update.
I expect many old hands will probably know the following but for anyone of us newbies it might save a bit of frustration. Seems you can change language (text) setting from the bordmonitor menu without T4 (but I don't know whether my computer has been otherwise enabled etc. by others in the past).
1. Ignition Pos.2 and press bordmonitor 'Menu' button. Using RH navigator knob (nk) rotate and select 'Set', press nk
2. From Set screen menu, using RH nk rotate/navigate and select 'Camera Alert', press nk and then rotate to highlight in turn the 3 option boxes, left to right these are - Off, On and a blank. The blank is the Language select box, highlight this first and press nk
3. On mine it defaults to G (German) with the other two options being F (French) and GB (English); if you press nk the whole screen text displays in German (because the cursor is already at the far right box which just happens to be G (German). Rotate nk to GB and press nk, display reverts to English. Press bordmonitor 'Menu' button and you will be back at the bordmonitor 'Menu' screen.
4. Go back through the whole process again until you are back at 'Camera alert' and then select 'On' and then press bordmonitor 'Menu' button to end setting process.
On mine I've now got English text on the IPK and I appear to have 'Camera Alert' too; the aural language on the sat. nav. is English