Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th October 2020, 12:37   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
No that's the HP sensor. The regulator sits on the back of the engine driven HP fuel pump. The front shaft seal can also leak on the high pressure pump, but you won't find that leaking to ground, it just fills up the sump.
As Mike stated above its on the back of the high pressure fuel pump, photos below.

that is if its the regulator it could be one of the main chamber seals?

Also check in and around the injectors but from the area you have stated the leak is from sounds more like the HPFP.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 13:13   #12
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Great photos as ever Steve.
Mike Noc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 13:51   #13
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Slip a large piece of cardboard under the engine. When it drips it will give you an accurate guide to where the leak is. Also try to set fire to a small piece of the wet cardboard. If it burns then it's diesel.---

Just to point out that this may sometimes work. Usually not though, it just tells you which point on the subframe it runs down to before dripping.

I agree with Arctic, it's most likely source is the HP pump regulator or pump itself. The pump has three caps with multiple o rings to seal them. Is a pain to take off and replace (unless you've got 2 people doing it that have just done it 3 times in a row - you can get it down to 45minutes...)

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 17:08   #14
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Reeet thanks for that Arctic and rest, looks like the HPFP regulator can come off without disturbing entire pump so will grab a seal kit linked and get that bit done when i do the Aux belts and tensioners very shortly.

I cannot see any moist fuel pipes, lines or seals looking from above with bright torch and watched the HP pump a while with engine running, no bubbling from seals nothing to see so if it is failing must be underneath or engine side also keeping eye on engine oil level only changed it last week.

When i take engine mount off to do belts will have a good look then and if HPFP needs to come out guess it will come out, be a first for me but removal tool looks cheap enough (he says).

Changed gear box oil today seems to have made gear changes bit easier we'll see, nasty oil came out for sure at 164K now no idea when last it was changed.. Totally delighted to find MTF94 in our local "pound shop mega store" carlube style!

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 17:30   #15
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
(unless you've got 2 people doing it that have just done it 3 times in a row - you can get it down to 45minutes...)
HAHA - i remember that!
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 20:26   #16
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Reeet thanks for that Arctic and rest, looks like the HPFP regulator can come off without disturbing entire pump so will grab a seal kit linked and get that bit done when i do the Aux belts and tensioners very shortly.

I cannot see any moist fuel pipes, lines or seals looking from above with bright torch and watched the HP pump a while with engine running, no bubbling from seals nothing to see so if it is failing must be underneath or engine side also keeping eye on engine oil level only changed it last week.

When i take engine mount off to do belts will have a good look then and if HPFP needs to come out guess it will come out, be a first for me but removal tool looks cheap enough (he says).

Changed gear box oil today seems to have made gear changes bit easier we'll see, nasty oil came out for sure at 164K now no idea when last it was changed.. Totally delighted to find MTF94 in our local "pound shop mega store" carlube style!

I think the engine mount stays on with belt renewal.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 20:50   #17
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Does it have a webasto ! .the leak looks to be in the right from the pattern on the cardboard .I would love to have a look bu I'm too far away
Old 20th October 2020, 21:17   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:

Yep no need to touch the engine mount to change the belts. I just remove the undertray.
Mike Noc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 22:34   #19
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:

This is my first go i fancied going in from top once have loosened the AC tensioner as there is squeeky idler or tensioner to resolve, take a look at photo below.

Im sure well practised members could do it in the dark with one hand tied behind back who knows i might take another look with fresh eyes soon.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Old 20th October 2020, 22:51   #20
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by It runs View Post
Does it have a webasto ! .the leak looks to be in the right from the pattern on the cardboard .I would love to have a look bu I'm too far away

No webasto the leak drips off front left of centre on forward edge of sump pretty sure its HPFP related, optimistic for the pressure regulator seal a cheap fix to try.